Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The File on Thelma Jordan (1950)

Moorman

Let me start off by saying that when Tony went upside Cleve's head and knocked him out, i cheered...this Cleve dude (Wendell Corey) was a sucker...? He got a wife and kids at home but think's he is out big balling with Thelma ( Barbara Stanwyck).  Through the WHOLE film, his wife Pamela ( Joan Tetzel) kept wanting him to call her so that they could talk and work on their marriage and he kept flipping her off with " later ".   I was glad Tony went upside that head...

My rant out of the way. This was a pretty good film even though you could smell Thelma coming a mile away. ( everybody but Cleve). In fact, the major suspense here was how far Cleve was gonna dive off into this one. He dove deep.  Unlike Witness for the Prosecution, you knew that Thelma and Tony was up to something. Cleve even knew about Tony and still fell in love with Thelma.  Its a credit to the director and the screenwriter that they made this predictable plot actually work.  Its a good film and worth a look. Barbara did good work here even though the plot wasn't much to work with.  If I had saw this back in 1950 I would give it a 8 out of 10. Adjusted for inflation, I give it a 7.5 out of 10...

2e65zsj.jpg

fbhslg.jpg

2roi5ox.jpg

• Like 2

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings