Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SOLVED! Can anyone ID a (villain shot in small dirt hauling gondola) movie???

Robstaff

Almost certainly a foreign film, B & W, 60s early 70s. Been looking for it for years because it’s driving me crazy. All I remember is, the movie ended with a guy getting shot and slumping down dead in the small gondola (on cables) that he had gotten in to get away from somebody. The little gondolas were open on top, resembling a one man bucket crane that workers use to reach power lines. The gondola system in the movie was hauling dirt from land (a construction site or something) out to sea only a couple hundred yards and then dump it. Each small gondola with its load of dirt ran into a certain machanism that flipped it upside down to dump its dirt out in the water at the end where they turned around to come back. The guy, slumped down dead after being shot was on his way to be dumped out there at sea with the rest of the dirt when the movie ended.

Even if this only rings a bell, all responses welcome! Thank You for reading this!

Man, you have NO IDEA what a relief it is to solve this mystery! A several year long mystery SOLVED in about 12 hours or so just by getting on here! But here’s the funny thing. I have Get Carter recorded. I recorded last week or so just to see if this was it. Well I watched some of it, thought maybe it could be it, then thought probably not. So just last night I ALMOST deleted it! When I read your posts just now (slaytonf & LawrenceA)I was like, damn I hope I didn’t delete that! Nope, it’s still here, and that is DEFINITELY it. Thank You,!

• Like 1

I see that my description of the movie was wayyy off except for those gondolas, and them too. I had originally watched this movie not really thinking much about it. Then a couple, three days later I started to think, ya know that was actually a pretty good movie, but I couldn’t for the life of me remember what it was! That “gondola” scene was the only thing that really stood out!

Crazy how this type of thing can just haunt your brain until you solve the mystery! I am about to sit down and enjoy this whole movie!! Thanks again to anyone who put forth any thought or effort to solving this for me!!

"Get Carter" has been remade twice.

"Hit Man" (1972), which starred Bernie Casey, was set in Los Angeles. 

Sylvester Stallone starred as Carter in a 2000 version, featuring Caine in a small role. This one took place in Seattle.

• Thanks 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings