Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

photo size

I just looked under "My Attachments" and saw that I have used up 99% of my allotted 3MB.  I didn't realize that TCM was saving every image I posted.  I guess I'll have to do some clean-up later.

If you click on the arrow next to your avatar in the upper right corner and go to "My Attachments," I believe that that is where more space can be created.

Maybe TCM made a limit so that people weren't spamming the boards with millions of photos?

EDIT: These seem to be photos that I attached to my board post for whatever reason, not ones that I linked via URL. 

There is definitely a limit to how much you can upload from your computer. There appears to be no such limit to what you can cut and paste from another url. Also, if you use a free photo uploading site, like imgur.com, there appears to be no limit as to how much you can upload to that site and then copy here.

According to TCM, while adding an avatar, the limit is .1 MB. My doggy is just under the limit. Below this text window says 2.19 MB. My photos upload okay, but I've needed to edit avatars. 

1 hour ago, drednm said:

and I see no way of deleting old photos posted in old posts..... very odd.

I didn't even realize that when I found the attachments.  Maybe we're supposed to go into the old post and remove the attachments? I see that there is a way to go directly to the post from the "My Attachments" page.  Too bad we couldn't just check a bunch of boxes and hit delete.

16 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

I didn't even realize that when I found the attachments.  Maybe we're supposed to go into the old post and remove the attachments? I see that there is a way to go directly to the post from the "My Attachments" page.  Too bad we couldn't just check a bunch of boxes and hit delete.

Clunky.....

39 minutes ago, LawrenceA said:

When you go to the Attachments screen, there should be a little garbage can icon on the right by your attachment that you can use to delete the picture. There was for me, when I deleted my one uploaded picture yesterday.

I found all my images in the My Attachments section of my profile, but no trash can for the individual images. I am at 27% of my 3 Megs.

2 hours ago, LawrenceA said:

When you go to the Attachments screen, there should be a little garbage can icon on the right by your attachment that you can use to delete the picture. There was for me, when I deleted my one uploaded picture yesterday.

My screen didn’t show a trash can. 

Unless we’re on different screens...

I remember noticing this back during the forum software upgrade, and posting on it.  Back then there was no way to delete old uploaded images which had been uploaded prior to the upgrade and were carried over, so it wouldn't surprise me if nothing has changed. 

That's not the thing that surprises me though.  Space is really cheap these days, and there aren't that many actual posters.  3MB quota?  Really??  That is like the late 1990s.

5 minutes ago, speedracer5 said:

My screen didn’t show a trash can. 

Unless we’re on different screens...

Well, mine doesn't show one anymore, either, but that's because I have no attachments left.

I went to the "My Attachments" page, in the menu under your profile pic at the top right.

On that page, there's an "attachment quota" bar, with a percentage. Under the bar there's a section showing pictures that you've uploaded (mine is empty). When I did have that one picture, over on the right there was a small trash can icon, much like the one you'll find in your Private Message screen to get rid of PM's. Maybe you have to click on the uploaded pic thumbnail before the trash can shows up? I don't know. But it was there, and when I clicked on it, I got a prompt that asked if I was sure I wanted to delete the uploaded picture. I clicked yes and the pic went away (but so did the trash can).

I too am not seeing the trash can. I use Google Chrome on Windows 10. I can go to the My Attachments page and see the quota bar and all the attachments below. It would make better sense to delete old posts. There are threads going back to the very beginning. While they can makes us all laugh now, it seems like there could be a limit there instead.

8 minutes ago, jimmymac71 said:

I too am not seeing the trash can. I use Google Chrome on Windows 10. I can go to the My Attachments page and see the quota bar and all the attachments below. It would make better sense to delete old posts. There are threads going back to the very beginning. While they can makes us all laugh now, it seems like there could be a limit there instead.

I also use Google Chrome and Windows 10. Are you seeing an indicator of which threads contain your pictures on the "My Attachments" page? If so, go to a thread where you want to delete a picture. Now "edit" your post and delete the picture from the post. After that's done, go back to the "My Attachments" page and see if that same picture is still listed. If it is, try clicking on it, and see if a trash icon appears.

I may end up trying to upload another picture just to review how to get rid of it!

Hmm  I just messed around with it some.  I uploaded a new image and temporarily added it to my post, using this forum's storage space.  The first time I saw any trash can at all was when I first uploaded it in that post - it was underneath the post being edited, inside a small thumbnail of the pic.  Then later on I was able to get back to it if I returned by clicking "edit".

Then I went to the My Attachments screen and refreshed it, but no trash can.

So I went back to the post containing it.  Clicked on edit, got the small thumbnail of the same image underneath with a small trash can.  I clicked on the trash can, and that removed it from the post and clicked "save".  Then I went back to the My Attachments screen and refreshed that.  A small trash can icon appeared to the right, as LawrenceA noted.  I clicked on that and it asked me to verify.

So maybe my theory above could be revisited.  I don't know if older posts (pre-forum upgrade) can be deleted that way too.  I don't use this feature though and I'm not interested enough to find out.

• Like 1

As Moviecollector noted, that's the proper procedure to get rid of the pictures. I just did it again, and the trash can shows up on the My Attachments page after deleting the picture from your post, using the small trash icon on the thumbnail there.

9 minutes ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Too tedious.

Got that right. It does work to edit the post and remove the image. I have one image going back to May 9 of this year. I get this:

error.jpg

I also have a couple of posts with ONLY an image. I put text in place of the image. Maybe it will get deleted. Later, I will have to delete this too. Now my "Max total size" shows 2.5MB. It reflects deleting some images. Funny, I have 17GB of storage with my Gmail account. FREE!

Edited by jimmymac71

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings