Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
kcor

Website SUTS feature--saw it, now can't find it--HELP

Yesterday I saw a charming feature Summer Under The Stars based. A little carnival show stage with the 31 stars available to appear on the stage in sequence or on demand. The preceding star was visible leaving, the next star about to emerge on the other side.

In fact I thought I spotted an "error" in it, re: Barbara Stanwyck.

Anyway, today on another computer I can't find it and I can't access the history of the first computer.

Can anyone explain how to find it, please? I wanted to show it to The Wife.

Try this:

http://www.tcm.com/2008/summer/index.jsp?iref=2008summer_homepageflash

All the stars last a while, up near the top of the image of the stage, then they disappear, but you can get them back by clicking on ?View August Schedule?, which is located just below and to the left of the title ?Summer Under the Stars?.

That second link was it! Thanks so much. No way I was going to find it on my own.

You have really made my day.

Thanks to you as well.

Here's the deal I mentioned. On day 14 is Peter Lorre centerstage. At right is a woman I take to be Stanwyck with black dress, bright blue hair. Hit day 15 and Garson is centerstage, all grey-blue--different picture, and Rita Hayworth is at right, all violet. Hit day 16 and Hayworth is center, same violet picture. Woman on left is back in black dress blue hair again.

Meanwhile, before and after Stanwyvck's day she is offstage in a creamy looking flapper getup but on her day is in a business suit.

So I'm right or I'm wrong. Checking further (dialup is so slow).

On the regular monthly schedule, looks like the 13th is Lorre, the 14th is Greer Garson, the 15th is Rita Hayworth.

I think that lady with the blue hair is Greer Garson.

Barbara Stanwyck is on the 19th.

Yes, I'm sure it's Garson, but in a quick glance on Friday I thought it looked iffy, then on Saturday couldn't find it again. Thanks to all the help I got the location, but spent a long time (on dial-up) looking at it over and over on Saturday after logging out.

The blue hair woman has a wider jaw than Stanwyck so I'm sure I haven't caught TCM in an error. Someday I'd like to figure out what role that blue hair pic is from. Maybe I'll find out on the 14th!

I did do some googling of stills but no joy yet. Maybe when I get back to my DSL hookup, on Monday.

Cheers.