Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blonde showgirl in late night TCM montage?

In the late night TCM montage movie intro, after Robert Walker boards the bus in the clip from Strangers on a Train and after the exterior shot of the diner, there are a couple of seconds of a blonde showgirl in the last moment of removing a headscarf and about to remove her left earring in front of a dressing room mirror. Can anyone identify the actress and the movie? She?s been driving me nuts for a dozen years!

Hello there Clive. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the blonde disrobing is IRENE KANE of

<ahttp://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews8/killerskiss/ttile.JPG>

Directed by:

MV5BNDI4ODE2NTI2Nl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjA5ODQ2._V1._CR78,0,293,293_SS90_.jpgMV5BMTI0MDIzOTkyOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMjgwNjQxMQ@@._V1._SX100_SY131_.jpg

Yeah...I'm pretty confident of that though I can find no photos of Ms. Kane. In fact, go out and Netflix that film. You'll see I'm right and you'll see a nice tight little film.

Message was edited by CineMaven: Hey, I don't call me CineMaven for nothing. ;-)

Wow, thanks a lot, CineMaven! For years I had been asking friends who would know such a thing, and they would ask me. In Oct. ?07 I wrote to TCM and ten days later got a reply that said nobody there could identify the montage scenes. They suggested I go on the message board. Ten months later I've finally joined. And in only the time it took me to have a nap you came up with the answer! No wonder somebody dubbed you CineMaven. Oh, yeah ? that somebody would be you.

I haven?t seen Killer?s Kiss in 40 years. But I?ve always touted Kubrick?s B&W movies over his color ones. Because K?s K wasn?t in the original TCM library, it never occurred to me. The lighting of that scene isn?t anything like what WB was doing in the ?40s, and the subject matter, also, was too dark for MGM. So I was thinking it must be a 50s New York UA movie like Sweet Smell of Success. Sure enough, it is a UA movie, which is how it got into the TCM library.

I have it mixed in with the thousands of videos tapes I?ve made since I first got a VCR in 1980. But I see that MGM has issued it on [an unrestored] DVD. Now I just have to track down Irene Kane (aka Chris Chase). Maybe she?s hiding out in Malibu or Lost Hills. More likely, Hidden Hills.

Meanwhile, it?s good to see you your old self, Dobbsy. You must have caught up on your sleep. Sometimes when you don?t get enough sleep, Dobbsy, you sure can talk and act crazy.

That's odd. How come my reply printed as from my email name instead of my real name? Or how come my original question was from my real name, rather than my email one? And should I have replied to CineMaven and FredCDobbs directly or, as I did, to the thread? Does it matter? What's going on? Or is TCM just trying to drive me crazy like Dobbsy?

Let?s see how this posts ? from the real me or my email me.

Clive,

Looks like you signed onto this board using two different names.

CineMaven,

IMDB photos won't post directly on this board. You might be able to see them if you first see them off the board. For example, copy their URL addresses, look for them under that address on the internet, then come back here and you might or might not see them here. It's a quirk with IMDB photos.

Clive,

I've just sent you a personal message. See it in your PM mailbox.

See the envelope symbol on the upper right side of this page. Click on that and follow the instructions.

Fred

CineMaven,

Yes, IMDB is one of those places where you can see their photo on their website, you can see it if you post their URL address here, but no one else can see it until they copy the URL address and go to the IMDB place to view the photo first. Then when they come back here, there is the photo, showing up here. It's one of those mysterious internet things.

Fred

Fred --

There are no personal messages either under Clive or clivsoph, the envelope logos are open and my site says 0 messages. Please try my actual e-mail: clivsoph@gte.net

I hope the message wasn't not to call you Dobbsy. I don't know how I'll ever get accustomed to calling you Fred.

Thanks, scsu1975,

I assume you meant to post a picture for me, but all that appears on my Mac is the logo for www.zonadvd.com, a hispanic web site. If her picture is up there, I can?t find it. When I type in her name, it notes that she is in a Spanish-named Killer?s Kiss: El Beso del Asesino.

Fred, thanks for the trailer?s youtube URL. There?s also a lengthy montage of the fight scene interlaced and superimposed with scenes of ballet dancing by Kubrick?s lovely second wife, Ruth Sobotka, who died aged 41 in 1967.

Clive

Rich ?

Thanks so much for the captures page. What a great shot of the Broadway/7th Ave area that I adored throughout the 1940s and ?50s. The Globe was at Bway & 46th St and showed the junkiest movies. For a blonde femme fatale, Irene Kane has a much more forbidding look than Lauren Bacall or her Hal Wallis/Paramount knock-off, Lizabeth Scott. They were mysterious, all right, but they were softies, less dangerous and less exciting compared to Kane, don?t you think?

Perhaps the really great blonde femme fatale was the Welsh-born Peggy Cummins. At least in Gun Crazy (aka Deadly Is the Female) you?d swear she wasn?t acting. When it comes to shooting people, her shining glee is unmatched by any other actress.

Clive

Clivsoph: "For a blonde femme fatale, Irene Kane has a much more forbidding look than Lauren Bacall or her Hal Wallis/Paramount knock-off, Lizabeth Scott. They were mysterious, all right, but they were softies, less dangerous and less exciting compared to Kane, don?t you think?"

Whoa WHOA WHOA!!! They were softies??? Dude, c'mon!!! What are you smoking???