Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, Norma Jean!

MissGoddess

I love that first pic of her with the MM blouse on :)

Just for a little update: You guys persuaded me to watch Don't Bother to Knock and Let's Make Love...DBTK was crazy intense! I've never seen her in a role like that before and from what I hear from all of you is that she didn't do many of them...Niagara's up next!

2vmhhcz.jpg

Hi, Sarah! -- Just for a little update: You guys persuaded me to watch Don't

Bother to Knock and Let's Make Love...DBTK was crazy intense! I've never seen her

in a role like that before and from what I hear from all of you is that she didn't do many

of them.

I really liked Don't Bother to Knock. I wasn't prepared to see Marilyn in such a

role. It was a pleasant surprise for me.

What did you think of Let's Make Love? I've yet to watch that one.

Niagara's up next!

Terrific! I look forward to hearing what you think of it.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

I love that first pic of her with the MM blouse on :)

Just for a little update: You guys persuaded me to watch Don't Bother to Knock and Let's Make Love...DBTK was crazy intense! I've never seen her in a role like that before and from what I hear from all of you is that she didn't do many of them...Niagara's up next!

Glad you enjoyed those, sarah! B-)

Hi Sarah! I'm so glad you took a look at a very underrated MM movie, Don't Bother to Knock.

In my opinion, she gives a performance any actress would be proud of, especially since she

was still rather young and green.

She's very sexy and free spirited in Let's Make Love.

I hope you enjoy *Niagara*.

*In my opinion, she gives a performance any actress would be proud of, especially since she was still rather young and green.* (of dbtk)

*She's very sexy and free spirited in Let's Make Love.*

Bonjour, Madame Goddess

DBTK is all the remarkable because it was before her foray with the Actor's Studio. I agree, she does quite well. The long scene in front of the mirror putting the jewelry, a ray of hope for her in this beautiful but troubled face. She showed a lot of poise. There are some nuances in that final scene with the razor blade that are really good. That poster below is weird, it doesn't fit the movie. I know they have to sell the product but it's a shame that they have to do that. She doesn't wear that outfit, etc.

Let's Make Love seems more a Yves film than a Marilyn film. Her show numbers were good but they don't thrill me, probably because I'm not into musicals. But she's very competent there and elsewhere. The business with the joke for a $1,000 is hilarious. It reminded me of something that I would like to share. I want you to tell me whether you think this that this joke is worth a $1,000.

I'm sitting in the waiting room to see my shrink (they call it the mood clinic, haha, oh well, I was always kind of moody ;) ) and there are several of us seated there. There is a woman who is roaming around talking to herself and gesticulating to herself (no, she is not talking on a cell phone). She is not making a commotion nor is she drawing much attention---after all, this is the, uh, mood clinic. After a few minutes, the receptionist sticks her head out of the window and says to the woman, "Excuse me, can I help you?" The woman answers, "No, I'm just waiting for a friend."

It doesn't sound all that original, really, but the fact that it actually happened makes it funny. I didn't even laugh at the time. But later, haha. I thought of this when watching Let's Make Love. If anyone thinks this is worth a $1,000 (actually, by today's standards, at least $10,000), please let me know. I may go in to the joke writing business (I may have to get some more dr appts, which won't be hard).

I think this was Yves coming out party here in the U.S. and I thought he was pretty good. Tony Randall was interesting in this movie, he comes off a little differently than usual. It's still a comic role, of course, but there is a sort of restraint, a seriousness to it that is a little different than the usual, I thought, but I really like him that way.

/

DBTK is all the remarkable because it was before her foray with the Actor's Studio. I agree, she does quite well. The long scene in front of the mirror putting the jewelry, a ray of hope for her in this beautiful but troubled face. She showed a lot of poise. There are some nuances in that final scene with the razor blade that are really good. That poster below is weird, it doesn't fit the movie. I know they have to sell the product but it's a shame that they have to do that. She doesn't wear that outfit, etc.

I'd say here performance in that movie is truly remarkable. I really started to feel for Richard Widmark's character after a while, and that had never, ever happened to me before in any movie that I can remember.

bonjour and welcome back, Lafitte!

DBTK is all the remarkable because it was before her foray with the Actor's Studio. I agree, she does quite well. The long scene in front of the mirror putting the jewelry, a ray of hope for her in this beautiful but troubled face. She showed a lot of poise. There are some nuances in that final scene with the razor blade that are really good.

Maybe Marilyn needn't have relied so much on the Studio, she evidently was capable of coming up with the goods. Poor thing, she just didn't have enough self-confidence.

That poster below is weird, it doesn't fit the movie. I know they have to sell the product but it's a shame that they have to do that. She doesn't wear that outfit, etc.

Not sure which poster you're referring to...

Maybe Marilyn needn't have relied so much on the Studio, she evidently was capable of coming up with the goods. Poor thing, she just didn't have enough self-confidence.

That is very, very true, April. It was mostly a matter of self-confidence, and I'm sure with a little bit more of it, she might have gone on to have a much longer life and career. :(

The lobby poster that our Film Fatale posted of Don't Bother To Knock, showing Marilyn in that red gown, etc. That is nothing like our poor sweet Nell.

Oh glad you noticed it; you're absolutely right about the gown. It looks like something she might have worn in *Gentlemen Prefer Blondes*. B-)

*bonjour and welcome back, Lafitte!*

Merci beaucoup! I am quite busy these days

and may not be quite back as yet, but getting

there.

*Maybe Marilyn needn't have relied so much on*

*the Studio, she evidently was capable of coming*

*up with the goods. Poor thing, she just didn't*

*have enough self-confidence.*

Perhaps, but there is no doubt that the Studio

helped her a lot. Maybe this was what she needed

to gain that self confidence. I don't think she could

have done Bus Stop so well without it, for instance. Or

the Misfits. There was never any doubt about her

comedic talents, she had that from the get go. But

she wanted desperately to be a dramatic actress.

Don't Bother To Knock was a real nice coup for her

in retrospect but at the time I don't think she was

given much credit for it. She wanted to do

the Studio and prove herself.

Perhaps, but there is no doubt that the Studio

helped her a lot. Maybe this was what she needed

to gain that self confidence. I don't think she could

have done Bus Stop so well without it, for instance.

I haven't seen *Bus Stop* in a long while, but you just made me want to watch it again real bad. B-)

Don't miss a rare airing on TCM of Fox's GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES tonight and

let two gorgeous women with priorities entertain your troubles away. :)

I have it on DVD myself, but it's nice to know they're showing it on TCM. Great screencaps!!! Thanks for sharing. B-)

Did you see the poster that Kyle posted? It's so beautiful :x

© 2022 Turner Classic Movies Inc. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings