Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, Norma Jean!

MissGoddess

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

>

> ooh yes! i love that cute little tune! i love that scene in the movie where she's wearing that white dress and she starts dancing all over the place and then the Prince's son walks in on her.

>

lol! Yes, that was adorable. Elsie was so totally unselfconscious while all these royals around

her were almost too stuffy with over-selfconsciousness. Except Sybil Thorndike. She didn't

care what anyone thought and said whatever came into her head. She was a lot like Elsie

in that way!

>

>

> i cant be in much more trouble with him than i already am. he is really cranky, b/c i wasnt here for 2 weeks. heehee! but you know i just wave my puppy dog pout in front of him and he cant take it anymore. heehee! :) hey thats a pretty good idea! ill make the scarf extra long! ;) and when he's not looking, stealing the devil's food cake, we can sneak up behind him and you can pull the scarf and ill have my long black gloves to strangle him with the noose! ooh how loverly! heehee!

He's a fine one to be giving YOU heat for being away when he hardly ever posts anything

when he IS here. :P

Yes, make sure to knit an extra-long scarf.

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}

>

> i like this one a lot, b/c it makes her look sweet!

> by_sam_shaw_new_york_1957-colorized_november_2004.jpg

>

> Message was edited by: butterscotchgreer

You and me both! That is one of my all time favorite pictures of her! She does

look sweet and breezy. I love the looseness of it and yet she's still glamorous.

I like the way they left the people in the background in black-and-white.

I like the way they left the people in the background in black-and-white.

I also adore photos that have a colorized element on the foreground and a b&w background. Eventually, I'm sure it'll be overused and people will get sick of it, but right now it's still pretty cool! B-)

*He's a fine one to be giving YOU heat for being away when he hardly ever posts anything*

*when he IS here.*

heehee! he said he'll be here around 6 tonight.

*Yes, make sure to knit an extra-long scarf.*

oh you can count on it!

*lol! Yes, that was adorable. Elsie was so totally unselfconscious while all these royals around*

*her were almost too stuffy with over-selfconsciousness. Except Sybil Thorndike. She didn't*

*care what anyone thought and said whatever came into her head. She was a lot like Elsie*

*in that way!*

what would you do if you had al these royals around you? what if ELizabeth II was in the next room? oh my! i would be a nervous wreck, i wouldnt be dancing carefree like she was. heehee!

> {quote:title=butterscotchgreer wrote:}{quote}>

> what would you do if you had al these royals around you? what if ELizabeth II was in the next room? oh my! i would be a nervous wreck, i wouldnt be dancing carefree like she was. heehee!

We can practice our curtsies like Marilyn:

QueenElizabethpresentation2.jpg

*Oh my goodness---those carrots and boiled eggs remind me of my awful diet!*

youre telling me! yucky! heehee!i actually dont mind carrots, but they have to be really mushy.

*You and me both! That is one of my all time favorite pictures of her! She does*

*look sweet and breezy. I love the looseness of it and yet she's still glamorous.*

*I like the way they left the people in the background in black-and-white.*

something else we have in common! yay! thats one of my all time favorites of her too! its like she doesnt care what anyone else thinks of her, she'll still hold her head up high and have fun! i like pink lipstick on her, not just red. it gives her that pastel calm prettiness.

i have to go home now, talk to you tonight. ill be back on at home. :)

*WOW!! ...I'm so excited to finally see a different Marilyn Monroe on TCM, besides the usual "_The Misfits_" & "_Some Like It Hot_"!!!*

*Thursday, December 04th, 2008 @ 05:00pm (MT) Arizona Time!*

*_Gentlemen Prefer Blondes_ (1953)*

*Two singers work their way to Paris, enjoying the company of eligible men they meet along the way.*

*Stars: Jane Russell, Marilyn Monroe, Charles Coburn, Elliott Reid, Tommy Noonan, Taylor Holmes, and Norma Varden.*

*Directed by: Howard Hawks.*

*Dorothy Shaw:*

You know I think you're the only girl in the world who can stand on a stage with a spotlight in her eye and still see a diamond inside a man's pocket.

Gentlemenblondes.jpg

blondes1.jpg

1503348796_e3a0d38202.jpg

*_Gentlemen Prefer Blondes_, by Anita Loos, Popular Library, 1925.*

*Trivia for: _Gentlemen Prefer Blondes_ (1953)*

*Originally bought by Fox as a vehicle for Betty Grable. After the success of Niagara (1953) (which featured Marilyn Monroe), however, the studio believed they had a more potent and far less expensive sex symbol than Grable (who was earning around $150,000 per picture vs. Monroe's $18,000).*

*Monroe wears a gold lame evening dress previously worn by Ginger Rogers in _Dreamboat_ (1952).*

*The "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend" number was later re-shot in Cinemascope, to be used as part of a Cinemascope demonstration held on the Fox lot in March of 1953. Producer Darryl F. Zanuck told "Daily Variety" that it only took 3-1/2 hours to shoot the number in Cinemascope versus four days for the original film version. The film-going public finally saw the CinemaScope version ten years later when it closed Fox's documentary tribute to MM, "Marilyn".*

Thanks,

Movie database!

199608~Poster-Advertising-the-Film-Gentlemen-Prefer-Blondes-Posters.jpg

*Marilyn Monroe as Lorelei Lee* - *_GENTLEMEN PREFER BLONDES_*

marilyn_gentlemen_prefer_blondes.jpg

MM%20Prefer%20Blondes%20Triangle.jpg

BLONDES1.jpg

Gentlemen_Prefer_Blondes_.jpg

*_DETAIL_*

15 July 1953

Colour

91 minutes

Comedy/Musical

Directed by: Howard Hawks

Script by: Charles Lederer

*_CO-STARS:_*

Jane Russell

Charles Coburn

Elliot Reid

Tommy Noonan

George 'Foghorn' Winslow

CelluloidKid,

I have seen GENTLEMAN PREFER BLONDES dozens of times, and have always loved it! I have the DVD, and have had it for several years now.

TCM has run this before but not very often. Probably been a couple years too, since they have shown the film. My only beef with the picture is the mis-casting of Marilyn's Boyfriend. What a Drip! Surely they could have done better than him? Great to see TCM have this movie back on their schedule!

The original 1927 Silent version with Alice White and Ruth Taylor is considered lost. It was a very big film too. Making Alice White a sensation!

hello april dahlink!!!!

how are you today?

whenever i hear her say that, i always break out in laughter for ten solid minutes. heehee! i love that line! thanks for that!

GPB-smartgirl03.jpg?t=1228445077

i have some more of those color pics of marilyn, but you have probably seen all of them. i hope you dont mind if i post a few more, i just love them! ;)

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings