Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, Norma Jean!

>

> i've tried looking for a celine dion one and a frankie one for the longest time, and i cant find one anywhere that doesnt charge you.

>

Oh, and I stupidly didn't bookmark the site I got it from. But if you do a web search

for "free Frank Sinatra ringtone" you will get a lot of choices, just be sure you listen

to each one first, because not all of them are the actual song, and some trick you

into thinking they are free when they are not. Try the same thing with "free Celine

Dion ringtone".

>

> you cant ever go wrong wuth Irving Berlin! he was a genius with music! he never made one yucky song. :D i really think MM did many of his songs justice too.

He was one of the best. I really like "Always" and "How Deep is the Ocean (How

High is the Sky)"

Message was edited by: MissGoddess

I really like Always too. Also Blue Skies and What'll I do? Those are biggies and they just scratch the surface. Nobody writes like that anymore.

Okay this in weird. The lady in the next office just gave me a notepad with the words Things to do after I have tea written at the top and a little container of "Scottish Breakfast Tea", whatever that is. tied to it with a blue ribbon. I only drink decaff iced tea myself. Wish I could send this to either of you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

*Anyone else watch: _Ladies of the Chorus_ (1949) last night (09/25/09)!?!. With a very young Marilyn Monroe "BEFORE" _Niagara_ (1953)!.!*

A fast paced fun film! I just loved the ending!

Kudos to Adele Jergens!

Ladies_of_the_Chorus.png

Marilyn sings Every Baby Needs a DA Da Daddy and Anyone Can See I Love You..

*_Trivia_:*

The name of the actor that plays the man who falls in love with Peggy is: Rand Brooks (Fact: Rand played Charles Hamilton in Gone With The Wind (1939)!

lad11.jpg

earlymarilyn013.jpg

Just watched Ladies of the Chorus. What a delightful look at the young Marilyn. I was aware of this movie but thought that Marilyn was just one of the girls, but she is the lead. A nice surprise. Looking at her here, it is almost hard to believe that she is 23 years old already. She could pass for a 17-year old high school Homecoming Queen. I was surprised at how comfortable and confident she is. And she speaks so naturally, without that phony, breathless quality that came later, I guess to go along with the more overtly sex kitten image that she became. Anyway, this was nice watch. With Marilyn would it ever be any different. Laffite

earlymarilyn003.jpg

I noticed Marilyn's voice, too, lafitte--more natural and lower pitched. The movie was a pleasant little diversion. Marilyn was charming, but she didn't sparkle as much as she does in later films. Definitely a beginner in the acting department.

Adele Jergens was lovely as Marilyn's mother. Of course, she was only 31 years old, playing a woman ten or so years older! Too bad she was stuck at Columbia and not at MGM where she could've been in some top-shelf musicals. She was overshadowed by Rita Hayworth at Columbia.

Sandy K

• 2 weeks later...

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> She was, yes, but she does stand out more later on, I think.

>

> Yes, she definitely stands out more later on, and that's a very important thing for

> a star. But for my tastes, I'd rather her not stand out. I prefer natural.

Even in an actress in a movie? Maybe you should watch Ladies of the Chorus

and get a feel for what she was like in that one (very young). You might like her

there best of all, but then again you might see that she hadn't yet learned how to

let herself really shine.

Even in an actress in a movie?

I actually haven't focused on Marilyn's looks in the films I have seen of her. I was

more into her characters and performances. Well, with the exception of

two... Niagara and The Asphalt Jungle. She's stunning in the former and

naughty in the latter. And I find her adorable in Clash by Night. Buzz, buzz,

buzz, buzz.

In films like The Misfits and Don't Bother to Knock, I was more interested

in her character than her looks. Bus Stop was in the middle for me in terms

of my focus. She's cute in that one. And that's been my Marilyn viewing to date.

Interestingly, I have liked every one of those Marilyn films. What I worry about is

my not liking the "Marilyn" Marilyn films. I'm most curious about

The Seven Year Itch.

When Marilyn is platinum, I like it when she dresses conservative the best. I think

she's a knockout then.

Maybe you should watch Ladies of the Chorus and get a feel for what she was like

in that one (very young). You might like her there best of all, but then again you might

see that she hadn't yet learned how to let herself really shine.

What I have seen of Marilyn thus far, I have liked. I'm talking her, her characters, and

her performances. I'm sure I'd like young Marilyn. I'm not sure if I'll like glamorous

Marilyn. That's where my worry lies.

I actually haven't focused on Marilyn's looks in the films I have seen of her.

Wow!! Marilyn would LOVE to have heard that! I think you're the only man

in the history of her audience that does that. :P

I was more into her characters and performances. Well, with the exception of

two... Niagara and The Asphalt Jungle. She's stunning in the former and

naughty in the latter. And I find her adorable in Clash by Night. Buzz, buzz,

buzz, buzz.

She's very enticing in all three of those, I agree.

In films like The Misfits and Don't Bother to Knock, I was more interested

in her character than her looks. Bus Stop was in the middle for me in terms

of my focus. She's cute in that one. And that's been my Marilyn viewing to date.

Well, as I said before, you've seen the best of her dramatic stuff (if you don't count

her bit in All About Eve). All that's left is comedy and I don't know if you'll like

that. You'll like her, but not her movies.

Interestingly, I have liked every one of those Marilyn films. What I worry about is

my not liking the "Marilyn" Marilyn films. I'm most curious about

The Seven Year Itch.

The latter film has the best shot of pleasing you, since it's from a really male

perspective and humor.

> When Marilyn is platinum, I like it when she dresses conservative the best. I think

> she's a knockout then.

>

I agree---she doesn't need to dress "sexy", in fact, she's sexier when she dresses

conservative. Joe D. was right about that.

>

> What I have seen of Marilyn thus far, I have liked. I'm talking her, her characters, and

> her performances. I'm sure I'd like young Marilyn. I'm not sure if I'll like glamorous

> Marilyn. That's where my worry lies.

Again, those are her comedies, not really your style I'd say.

The Seven Year Itch (click to enlarge the photos)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I actually haven't focused on Marilyn's looks in the films I have seen of her.

Wow!! Marilyn would LOVE to have heard that! I think you're the only man

in the history of her audience that does that.

Hey! I'm in a lonely place. Perfect.

Well, as I said before, you've seen the best of her dramatic stuff (if you don't count

her bit in All About Eve). All that's left is comedy and I don't know if you'll like

that. You'll like her, but not her movies.

I have a feeling I'll like Monkey Business. I also have higher hopes for

Let's Make Love and The Seven Year Itch. River of No Return is a

dramatic Marilyn film that I haven't watched.

>

> Hey! I'm in a lonely place. Perfect.

>

Exactly where you belong.

>

> I have a feeling I'll like Monkey Business. I also have higher hopes for

> Let's Make Love and The Seven Year Itch. River of No Return is a

> dramatic Marilyn film that I haven't watched.

Maybe. I like LML and RoNR, the other two not so much.

> {quote:title=laffite wrote:}{quote}

> earlymarilyn013.jpg

>

> Just watched Ladies of the Chorus. What a delightful look at the young Marilyn. I was aware of this movie but thought that Marilyn was just one of the girls, but she is the lead. A nice surprise. Looking at her here, it is almost hard to believe that she is 23 years old already. She could pass for a 17-year old high school Homecoming Queen.

I really enjoyed that phase of Marilyn's career, too, in some ways she really was her best au naturel, before the "glamour" stage.

Of the movies that have been mentioned lately, I have the fondest memories of The Seven Year Itch, but even that has the commodified Marilyn, rather than the more natural one, and it the whole movie is so old-fashioned in spirit that to me, it's always like getting caught in a time warp.

"I actually haven't focused on Marilyn's looks in the films I have seen of her." - FrankieG

"Wow!! Marilyn would LOVE to have heard that! I think you're the only man in the history of her audience that does that." - MissG

"Hey! I'm in a lonely place. Perfect." - FrankieG

FrankieG., do you think saying that will get the ladies OFF your back??

Lovely photos, Ms. G. That color shot below of Marilyn by the door in the striped dress is incredible! Surely she must have been conjured up by a concoction from some mad scientist's imaginative mind. Wow! Incredible!!

MissGoddess- I'm doing some catching up and I just saw the photos you posted on Oct. 9. The one by Bert Stern with the netting across her face always makes me gasp. There's a photo of her mother Gladys taken in 1963 which has been published a few places, notably in Anthony Summers' "Goddess", which was photographed from almost the exact same angle, with almost the exact same (rather vacant) expression. The fact that Marilyn loved her bubbly in these kinds of sessions and the fact that there are visible signs of aging in her face in close-up, make for an amazing resemblance between the two photos. I don't know of another photo where Galdys is so visible in Marilyn's face. I wish I were clever enough to post it. (I'm an old ****.) Maybe someone else could manage. ANYWAY, thanks for your great pictures.