Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, Norma Jean!

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> It really is nice seeing you posting photos again. It's been a while.

>

> I like the one of Marilyn lying in the grass best.

Thanks.

Yes, she's cute in that one.

Japan-inKobe.jpg

Hi Dougie,

I looked in my books at home and on the internet but couldn't find that

picture of Gladys Baker (Marilyn's mom) that you mentioned in your post.

Unfortunately, I don't have the book Goddess, which you say contains it.

If I ever run across it I'll try to scan and post it, I'm still very curious! I'm sure

I saw it but never noticed the resemblence in that Bert Stern photo.

cheers,

MG

> {quote:title=laffite wrote:}{quote}

> >One of my favorites...

>

> Hi MissGoddess, that's one of my favorites too. I wonder what's on her mind.

Bonjoooooooooooooooooour Monsieur le Pirate!

Who can tell what's on a blonde's mind? :D

Has anyone read The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborelli? I just finished it. I'm not sure about it...it deals mostly with Marilyn's mental problems. Very sad. Marilyn's mother Gladys was a paranoid schizophrenic and it seems that Marilyn was a borderline paranoid schizophrenic.

I was hoping to read a bio that went into more depth about her films.

Taraborelli had access to the FBI files that have been de-classified recently. He supports the theory that Marilyn died of an accidental overdose and the Kennedys had absolutely nothing to do with it. She was an addict and a doctor-shopper.

I am enjoying all the photos on this thread. Marilyn had a special gift for connecting with the camera.

Sandy K

> {quote:title=sandykaypax wrote:}{quote}

> Has anyone read The Secret Life of Marilyn Monroe by J. Randy Taraborelli? I just finished it. I'm not sure about it...it deals mostly with Marilyn's mental problems. Very sad. Marilyn's mother Gladys was a paranoid schizophrenic and it seems that Marilyn was a borderline paranoid schizophrenic.

>

I hadn't heard about it until now, but I'm going to look into it. I might be able to borrow it from the library.

Hi there, Sandy! Glad you stopped by!

I haven't read that book---that author has always disturbed me, but I'm kind

of relieved to find out he concludes similar to what I've always felt about her death.

Any way you look at it, though, it's very sad. At least we do have her movies.

My favorite book is a sort of coffee table book called Marilyn: Her Life and Legend.

It's out of print. It gives the basics about her life and runs through her list of

films. Best of all, it has tons of gorgeous pictures. For an indepth look at her

best film (in my opinion), the book simply entitled The Misfits, published

by Phaidon, is wonderful.

Thanks, MissGoddess! I will look for both of those at the library!

I do have the Donald Spoto bio, as well, but I haven't read it. I also have the photo book by Andre de Dienes (sp?) and it has some beautiful shots of young Marilyn. If I could ever take the time to figure out how to post pictures here I would share.

Sandy K

I also have the photo book by Andre de Dienes (sp?) and it has some beautiful shots of young Marilyn. If I could ever take the time to figure out how to post pictures here I would share.

Hi again SandyK,

I think I may have the same book! :D I also have some of Andre's pictures in my Photobucket, I posted several waaaaaaay back when I started the thread but this one is my favorite (I wish

it was bigger):

de_dienes1.jpg

>:D Trust me, you're better off NOT knowing!

That's what everyone keeps telling me. You're making me laugh with these pictures of Marilyn all pensive and quizzical. Something humorous there but maybe a little dangerous as well. That expression in the bathtub scares me. I want to say, forget it Marilyn, whatever you're thinking, it doesn't matter. Just enjoy your bath.

ps...On second thought, Miss Monroe, why don't you just jump right out of that tub and tell ole laffite all about it...no?...Oh, okay

Edited by: laffite on Oct 13, 2009 10:50 PM for the PS because laffite is trying to be funny.