Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hello, Norma Jean!

"I asked her where she lived, and when she said at the Studio Club, I was impressed because I

knew that a girl who looked like that could have the biggest house in Beverly Hills, she could have

whatever she wanted because men would give it to her. Therefore, if she lived at the Studio Club it

was because she had character." - Ben Lyon on his 1946 meeting with Norma Jean

Dougherty

dedienes-018.jpg

"She's scared and unsure of herself. I found myself wishing that I were a psychoanalyst and she were my patient. It might be that I couldn't have helped her, but she would have looked lovely on a couch." - Billy Wilder

SLIH-BillyWilder.jpg

"Marilyn was so bright about acting. Her trouble was only that she'd get so scared she wasn't

going to be able to do it, and so tied up in knots, that then everyone thought she was dumb."

Peggy Feury

SLIH-colorstill.jpg

(The scene this still refers to apparently took MM dozens and dozens of takes to get one

short sentence right and nearly drove Billy Wilder crazy.)

avedon-007.jpg

Although this is clearly a Marilyn Monroe era picture, there is a lot of Norma Jean in that face. Or is she younger here than I think?

Merci milles fois, Goddess, for the MM Show. Some of these I haven't seen. The quotes that go with pictures are great. That picture of her crying with her hand to her face was taken when she divorced Joe, right after she came out of the courtroom, I believe. A touching picture considering it's real life significance.

The rear end picture is terrific, if I may so say. A few weeks back we were discussing the derriere jiggle scene in Misfits and the idea came to me---though immediately rejected, haha---to start a thread that might be entitled, Fine **** in Film, and that would feature, well, fine ****, exemplified by this latest beauty a few posts down from here. Now, now, don't jump to conclusions, it wouldn't be some boys-will-be-boys leering contest, mais non, as one who feels that La Derriere is a most attractive attribute of the fairer sex and can be contemplated in an aesthetic way, it might pass as an exercise in observing something that is, uh, beautiful. I mean, we all like aesthetics...right? :D I actually have a few caps featuring same. Should I post them somewhere? Just kidding. I don't think such a thread would fly. And I guess I understand why. Sexism...right? (Can you tell I'm fishing) (BTW, the jiggle scene would not make the cut, I didn't really like that. You see how discriminating I am ;).

PS I hope you don't think that Laffite is a bad boy for thinking of such an idea ;)

Bonjour, Mon Connoisseur des derrieres!

Although this is clearly a Marilyn Monroe era picture, there is a lot of Norma Jean in that face. Or is she younger here than I think?

I believe this is part of the same shoot promoting The Prince and the Showgirl. There are some

of Marilyn with Olivier I'll try to find and post as well. This movie makes ample use of her most

famous feature, in case you have not seen it. Now you can rush out and buy the dvd! :P

The rear end picture is terrific, if I may so say. A few weeks back we were discussing the derriere jiggle scene in Misfits and the idea came to me---though immediately rejected, haha---to start a thread that might be entitled, Fine **** in Film, and that would feature, well, fine ****, exemplified by this latest beauty a few posts down from here. Now, now, don't jump to conclusions, it wouldn't be some boys-will-be-boys leering contest, mais non, as one who feels that La Derriere is a most attractive attribute of the fairer sex and can be contemplated in an aesthetic way, it might pass as an exercise in observing something that is, uh, beautiful. I mean, we all like aesthetics...right? I actually have a few caps featuring same. Should I post them somewhere? Just kidding. I don't think such a thread would fly. And I guess I understand why. Sexism...right? (Can you tell I'm fishing) (BTW, the jiggle scene would not make the cut, I didn't really like that. You see how discriminating I am .

That made me giggle! Just to play it safe, maybe you should confine it to this thread, which is

already in the pink light district. I'd love to see what your discriminating tastes come up with!

By the way---have you ever seen Please Don't Eat the Daisies? I think you would like it.

PS I hope you don't think that Laffite is a bad boy for thinking of such an idea

Of course I do! That's part of your charm!

MMbikini.jpg

*Bonjour, Mon Connoisseur des derrieres!*

I'm still laughing at this! Gosh, MissGoddess, what am I going to do with you! I am your pirate prefere, then I am knighted Chevalier des Fussbudgets, and now I am Connoisseur des Derrieres. With all these titles I may begin to have delusions of grandeur (that is, if I don't have them already) ;)

*I believe this is part of the same shoot promoting The Prince and the Showgirl.*

Wow, that surprises me. The look in that face seem pre-Showgirl to me. But you're probably right. I thought this might be a little earlier.

*This movie makes ample use of her most famous feature, in case you have not seen it. Now you can rush out and buy the dvd! :P*

Buy it? I've already got it and I sleep with it! ;)

*By the way---have you ever seen Please Don't Eat the Daisies? I think you would like it.*

Because...? It also makes ample use...? :)

*I'd love to see what your discriminating tastes come up with!*

Voila!

marilyn525.jpg

marilyn269-1.jpg

marilyn250.jpg

marilyn332.jpg

Tierney.jpg

Tierneyphotobuckt.jpg

The Marilyn's above are pin-up stuff and the idea behind (haha) those pics is rather obvious and therefore I can offer these up without recriminations.. The last two with Gene Tierney are more voyeuristic and it's easier to feel a little queasier about eavesdropping. But I know you will forgive me. The top Tierney picture (how much lovelier can you get than this, she is gorgeous!) is from That Wonderful Urge (1948) and the bottom (haha) one is from The Razor's Edge (1946). I feel like a bad boy including that last one. So much for the charm, ah well. ;)

Message was edited by: laffite

*Lafitte wrote: A few weeks back we were discussing the derriere jiggle scene in Misfits and the idea came to me---though immediately rejected, haha---to start a thread that might be entitled, Fine **** in Film*

That made me laugh Lafitte! That would have been an interesting post topic!

*Mon Connoisseur des derrieres*

So is that like an official court title MissGoddess has bestowed on you now. :D

I watched *Gentlemen Prefer Blondes* again a few nights ago. Marilyn and Jane make a great combo. It was an old print but the technicolor was so garish it was definitely a treat for the eyes. You got to love the versatility of Hawks. The pool number with Jane was a riot. I never get tired of watching Marilyn in the diamonds number and for the first time I noticed she gets her hair mussed up a little in that. Coburn was great as always. It was a good way to spend the evening while Hanna was passing through.

Oh and Lafitte, I love the photos!

Bonjour Monsieur "D",

[bI'm still laughing at this! Gosh, MissGoddess, what am I going to do with you! I am your pirate prefere, then I am knighted Chevalier des Fussbudgets, and now I am Connoisseur des Derrieres. With all these titles I may begin to have delusions of grandeur[/b]

Somehow I think of all the titles you are most proud of the last one. ;)

Because...? It also makes ample use...?

Yes, Janis Page has a funny scene with David Niven when he criticizes her "fanny".

Great pix!

*Somehow I think of all the titles you are most proud of the last one. ;)*

You may be right ;) I'll think I'll borrow Fatale's phrase below and call myself Le Connoisseur de Tres Jolies Derriieres. I think this a good addition to my list of Titles. One must have an, uh...well-rounded array of subjects of expertise.

Just a quibble about the Bus Stop photo that you posted below. It' reversed and should be _mirrored_. I think it's turned around. Just a minor item in the Laffite Quibble Department.

I was on the computer last month when Please Don't Eat The Daisies came on and I was dividing my attention between the two when I finally stopped what I was doing and gave the movie some undivided attention. I thought it so good and decided to turn it off so I can take from the beginning at a later date. I thought I knew this movie but I didn't have the title matched with the right movie. And now I have Paige to look forward to. And I'll have to pay close attention to Niven's critique. I doubt he has my expertise but we'll see. ;)

Speaking of Doris, there's a moment in Teacher's Pet when Clark ogles her fanny in a scene which they have her prance by him and his eyes just follow along. So much for ****. Hmm, surely there must be room for this sort of thing over in voyeur class. ;)

*_The Marilyn Files_*

*At Frank Sinatra?s suggestion, Marilyn Monroe kept her life inside two filing cabinets?letters, invoices, financial records, and the mementos that meant the most to her. After her tragic death, in 1962, at the age of 36, the cabinets, together with an assortment of jewels, fur coats, and other personal belongings, were stashed away by the actress?s business manager, Inez Melson. This secret trove would remain virtually unknown to the world for more than four decades, until photographer Mark Anderson began an epic two-year project of documenting it. His photographs, made public for the first time, offer new insights into the life of Hollywood?s most iconic figure.*

*WEB EXCLUSIVE September 2, 2008*

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/marilyn/marilyn

Speaking of Doris, there's a moment in Teacher's Pet when Clark ogles her fanny in a scene which they have her prance by him and his eyes just follow along. So much for ****. Hmm, surely there must be room for this sort of thing over in voyeur class.

Ha! I think Gable was maybe the expert in that department before you came along, Monsieur "D"!

;)

There is a scene like that in Pillow Talk, too! Rock Hudson: "So that's the other half of my party line..." :)

*Ha! I think Gable was maybe the expert in that department before you came along, Monsieur "D"!*

*;)*

You got that right, MissG. And he always gets the girl and I never get the girl. I'm no match for the King.

*There is a scene like that in Pillow Talk, too! Rock Hudson: "So that's the other half of my party line..." :)*

...or the Rock.

Boy, that Doris got around!

;)

> {quote:title=laffite wrote:}{quote}

> *Somehow I think of all the titles you are most proud of the last one. ;)*

>

> You may be right ;) I'll think I'll borrow Fatale's phrase below and call myself Le Connoisseur de Tres Jolies Derriieres. I think this a good addition to my list of Titles. One must have an, uh...well-rounded array of subjects of expertise.

>

Glad to have helped you coin your new (and I'm sure well-deserved) title. ;)