Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Skeedaddy

The Sea Wolf

I read The Sea Wolf long ago and found that it had been made into a movie even farther back. Anyway, I would recommend the movie. It is based on the book and follows it in the most important areas. Edward G Robinson captures Wolf Larson very well and there is a genuine feeling of dread just watching these people on a very bad boat. Enjoy

The Michael Curtiz version with Edward G. is the best. With a supporting cast like Ida Lupino and John Garfield how could you go wrong. I really wish Warner Bros. would relese this on DVD. The TCM version is 87 minutes But the original version is 100 minutes. So maybe they're waiting to find the missing minutes before they give it the DVD treatment. One could only hope.

The film was made several times 1913,20,26,1970,1991 but I'll stick to the 1941 film.

vallo

The short version of the 1941 film is actually 90 minutes, with the full, original cut at 98 minutes.

And, yes, Warner's is trying to find high-quality elements for the longer cut before releasing it in DVD. So far, they've only managed to find a 16mm print of the original release print.