Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How much can you edit and re-edit your own posts?


Robstaff
 Share

Recommended Posts

I edited and re-edited one of my own posts about 50 times maybe, give or take! I've already edited this one probably 15 times. I just wanted to make sure that sort of thing was OK! I try not to edit anything once it's established as part of a discussion, but before I think very many people have seen it I tend to really go to town changing little things. I've always wondered about that, on other forums as well. Tonight it occurred to me to just ask. It all has to do with that little tab that says, "Reason For Editing". Would anyone care to advise me on this and/or maybe confess that they tend to do a lot of changing and revising to their own posts as well??? YES this is a real question! NO I haven't been drinking! Thank You!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Until someone quotes your words.  After that, write addendum posts below that.  Better yet, compose and review it before you submit it.  I speak from experience here.

The Reason For Editing tab is to guarantee your changes are seen, more than anything else.  I forego that and just type a capital "EDIT:" below my original post.  Or a capital "P.S.".  Nothing screams "I can't organize my own thoughts" louder than using the "Reason For Editing", especially if there is the option to not use it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, MovieCollectorOH said:

Until someone quotes your words.  After that, write addendum posts below that.  Better yet, compose and review it before you submit it.  I speak from experience here.

The Reason For Editing tab is to guarantee your changes are seen, more than anything else.  I forego that and just type a capital "EDIT:" below my original post.  Or a capital "P.S.".  Nothing screams "I can't organize my own thoughts" louder than using the "Reason For Editing", especially if there is the option to not use it.

The main reason I edit posts is because I think faster than I type. So in my haste to keep up with my thought processes I skip some articles and prepositions then have to go back to add them for flow and clarity. I am glad the editing feature is not on a timer. Over on the Digitalspy boards, posters only have 15 minutes to edit something then the posts lock and you cannot edit them anymore. So that adds a bit of pressure to get it right the first time!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

I skip some articles and prepositions then have to go back to add them for flow and clarity. 

Exactly, I re-read it and realize a little bit of simple rewording would make it flow better or read easier. By the time I’ve finished editing and re-editing my posts they’re the same post, but they do flow better.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, TopBilled said:

The main reason I edit posts is because I think faster than I type. So in my haste to keep up with my thought processes I skip some articles and prepositions then have to go back to add them for flow and clarity. I am glad the editing feature is not on a timer. Over on the Digitalspy boards, posters only have 15 minutes to edit something then the posts lock and you cannot edit them anymore. So that adds a bit of pressure to get it right the first time!

Slow down, you move too fast
You got to make the morning last

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...