Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have always been a Woody Allen fan for all his efforts, both in front of and behind the camera. Oh, how I long for the days when he was at his peak, sad to say his recent offerings have been wanting. Wonder Wheel and Midnight in Paris are the only two fairly recent ones that I liked. His NY years, though, in the 70s thru the 90s were pure bliss!

Vintage Woody Allen is absolutely brilliant, the last fifteen years not so much.  Undoubtedly, his clasdics should be rerun on TCM.  Trying to fashion a film series (a la an online course) around his work post #MeToo would be highly problematic, fair or not.

• 2 years later...

Yes,if you look at Hollywood, so much of men in it are huge f----- you get disgusted. Maybe even most of them.You think R.Crumb was a nice guy too?I saw the drawings he did of little school girls in their school uniforms he was very attracted and he said on it"don't stare too long."--So he really did that.Stared.I'm not too surprised about Woody Allen more than I am about a huge segment of male **** sapiens.ANYONE for being realistic about men and the species?No illusions about humans any more.They're killing the planet ,guys,its the reason for the first Pandemic.--and it's not the last. one.It's just the first,scientists predicted it. My sister who tracks science says pandemics are one of the big results of earth responding to human over-population.We get more and more of them until over population is cut way down.CHINA NEEDS EPIDEMICS. NO surprise they started it,they'll probably breed more.That new Brit Covid is already in CONNECTICUT.PFIZER will be working over time.--until billions of humans are dead,these Pandemics won't stop.Science and Nature are cruel, but very efficient--Also huge wars and famine are a symptom of Over-population.You can expect huge wars can really be served on Earth's plate to be.Bon Apetit. HUMANS refuse to control over population so the Earth has to do it.We are NOT the smart species of the universe or the future.

---And I'm predicting MORE violence like the Right wing assault on WA DC,and the USA---by all sides whichever they are.I don't even think China can avoid it--even with their repression.There's a WHOLE POTS BOILING-OVER for the USA and the world!--coming up!My timing of predictions is always off---but not the predictions. SOME of the right wing rebellion some of us saw coming--I'm isolating so much,cause of Covid.Reminds me of "Contagion"except "C" doesn't show how bad it will get--except for some violence..--very likely deaths going into millions not thousands.HOLLYWOOD could put out more "Contagions" being more realistic--but,yes, it's inevitable.Some of those new "Planet of the Apes"shows humans cut numbers.ALSOM SOME BRIT MOVIES--"Fifteen Days After"?MAYBE the "Zombies"t.v. Series shows a future world.I'm glad I'm old. ...🤔

1 hour ago, doreet said:

Yes,if you look at Hollywood, so much of men in it are huge f----- you get disgusted. Maybe even most of them.You think R.Crumb was a nice guy too?I saw the drawings he did of little school girls in their school uniforms he was very attracted and he said on it"don't stare too long."--So he really did that.Stared.I'm not too surprised about Woody Allen more than I am about a huge segment of male **** sapiens.ANYONE for being realistic about men and the species?No illusions about humans any more.They're killing the planet ,guys,its the reason for the first Pandemic.--and it's not the last. one.It's just the first,scientists predicted it. My sister who tracks science says pandemics are one of the big results of earth responding to human over-population.We get more and more of them until over population is cut way down.CHINA NEEDS EPIDEMICS. NO surprise they started it,they'll probably breed more.That new Brit Covid is already in CONNECTICUT.PFIZER will be working over time.--until billions of humans are dead,these Pandemics won't stop.Science and Nature are cruel, but very efficient--Also huge wars and famine are a symptom of Over-population.You can expect huge wars can really be served on Earth's plate to be.Bon Apetit. HUMANS refuse to control over population so the Earth has to do it.We are NOT the smart species of the universe or the future.

---And I'm predicting MORE violence like the Right wing assault on WA DC,and the USA---by all sides whichever they are.I don't even think China can avoid it--even with their repression.There's a WHOLE POTS BOILING-OVER for the USA and the world!--coming up!My timing of predictions is always off---but not the predictions. SOME of the right wing rebellion some of us saw coming--I'm isolating so much,cause of Covid.Reminds me of "Contagion"except "C" doesn't show how bad it will get--except for some violence..--very likely deaths going into millions not thousands.HOLLYWOOD could put out more "Contagions" being more realistic--but,yes, it's inevitable.Some of those new "Planet of the Apes"shows humans cut numbers.ALSOM SOME BRIT MOVIES--"Fifteen Days After"?MAYBE the "Zombies"t.v. Series shows a future world.I'm glad I'm old. ...🤔

Not much in your post about Woody,  but I did find a lot of it humorous.  

I really hope you don't believe all men are pigs.    Some of us,  (like myself), really believe women are the better species.    Just don't tell my wife I said that, or I'll lose any edge I have in the household!