Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Looking for an actress....

Steffadee

This is a long shot, but maybe someone can help me. I was going through old family letters and I came across one from a relative. Her real name is Sandy (possibly Crider for the last name) and her stage name was Vera Lillian. She was living and working in Hollywood. I believe the letter was from the 1930's. She mentions being at a party at the Montgomery's. She mentions talking with Carole Lombard and reading lines with Clark Gable. She mentioned a couple movies she was doing but I didn't write them down. I'll have to dig out the letter again to get more information. Anyone have any ideas?

There was a Lillian Vera who was working in 1918 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3381570/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

There are other variations on the name that were working as actors in that era if you search IMDB including:

Lillian Avery

Lillian La Verne

Anna Lillian

Unfortunately there is very little biographical information for any of those names at this point. I couldn't find anything for Sandy Crider (or Krider, or Kryder)

1 hour ago, metamorpheus said:

There was a Lillian Vera who was working in 1918 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3381570/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

There are other variations on the name that were working as actors in that era if you search IMDB including:

Lillian Avery

Lillian La Verne

Anna Lillian

Unfortunately there is very little biographical information for any of those names at this point. I couldn't find anything for Sandy Crider (or Krider, or Kryder)

I did see those and did search in a few places before posting here but so far have come up empty handed. Thanks for looking! 

5 minutes ago, scsu1975 said:

Could her stage name have also been Lillian Lorraine? Her maiden name was Crider. Do you happen to have a photo of her?

It’s possible she changed her name. I’m not sure. I do not have a photograph unfortunately. 

Here is a little more info on the actress I found (from Variety 1923):

4xIvLmJ.png

Edit: Further research shows that Leota Crider had a daughter named Lorraine, but this Leota appears to be the one who changed her stage name to Lillian Lorraine.

Edited by scsu1975
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Steffadee said:

I did see those and did search in a few places before posting here but so far have come up empty handed. Thanks for looking! 

Is this her? It says this person died in 1934. Could this be it? 

https://www.ancestry.com/genealogy/records/vera-lillian-gamet_128012620

There are some other people with the same exact name on these ancestry sites so it could be a few people. 

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings