Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

*CANDIDS*

bansi4

I found this thread this afternoon & must say I've not done a single thing--except dinner--since. I'm enthralled . . . what wonderful photos!

I especially love the Bob & Missy photos. It always makes me sad, though, to see him, particularly candids. He was never ever w/o a cigarette. Story goes he had to be forced to give it up long enough to get his teeth cleaned. And when he was in his doctor's ofc after he knew he was dying,.the dr asked when he would stop smoking. He replied, "When are going to give me a reason?"

What wasn't known then still could hurt. . . .

Happy new year ~ Linda Alexander

LindaAlexander, I'm glad to know that you enjoyed the thread. Since Barbara Stanwyck is my favorite actress I especially research her images. Thank's for your input.

Message was edited by: mongo

Photobucket

Hedy Lamarr (right) with her movie stand-in Sylvia Lamarr (no relation)

Photobucket

Priscilla Lane booting Cary Grant in publicity still from "Arsenic and Old Lace"

Photobucket

Gary Cooper with the bottom half of Ann Sheridan in "Good Sam"

Photobucket

Hard-boiled underrated actor Paul Kelly (1899 - 1956)

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Deadly triangle: Paul Kelly, actress Dorothy Mackaye, song & dance man Ray Raymond

In 1927, Kelly had a torrid love affair with Mrs Raymond (Mackaye) which eventually

resulted in a brutal fist fight between Kelly and abusive alcoholic Ray Raymond causing his death.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Kelly served 2 years for manslaughter while Mackaye served 1 year.

They married in 1931 and had 2 children. Mackaye died in auto accident in 1940,

which devastated Kelly. He died in 1956 at age 57.

Photobucket

Cecil B. DeMille helming one of his Roman epics

Photobucket

Director Michael Curtiz with Rosemary Lane, Fay Bainter, Gale Page & Priscilla Lane

Photobucket

James Cagney putting up his dukes for "Blood on the Sun"

I know time marches on, but I was shocked by Carol Lynley!

The first photo looks more like Rock to me.

Are there no candids of Robert Walker in STRANGERS ON A TRAIN?

Would love it if you could dig one up.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

> {quote:title=RainingViolets101 wrote:}{quote}

> Bronxie, that is Larry Parks head on Jack LaLanes body...

At first I was thinking, "lucky Betty", lol, but I guess it's apparent from watching his films, that Parks had an average build.

Bronxgirl, I too thought that Carol Lynley didn't age gracefully. Perhaps too much sun.

I did post an image of Robert Walker, Farley Granger and Hitchcock from "Strangers on a Train" in the past. It's among the 1500 images on this thread.

When I copied the Gary Cooper image the caption said it was from his movie "Lives of a Bengal Lancer", although Rock Hudson appeared in "Bengal Brigade".

> {quote:title=mongo wrote:}{quote}

> Bronxgirl, I too thought that Carol Lynley didn't age gracefully. Perhaps too much sun.

> I did post an image of Robert Walker, Farley Granger and Hitchcock from "Strangers on a Train" in the past. It's among the 1500 images on this thread.

> When I copied the Gary Cooper image the caption said it was from his movie "Lives of a Bengal Lancer", although Rock Hudson appeared in "Bengal Brigade".

>

> Message was edited by: mongo

That's why I try to stay out of this Florida sun, but it's everywhere!

I must have missed the STRANGERS photo then; thanks for letting me know.

Archived