Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Photobucket

Make-up artist Jack Pierce applying smelly muck to Lon Chaney Jr. as the Mummy.

Photobucket

Up and coming actor Ben Cooper checking out bits for his horse

Photobucket

Fred MacMurray either helping or hindering pal James Stewart

Message was edited by: mongo

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEBBIE REYNOLDS 77 today

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JANE POWELL 80 today

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOBBY JORDAN (1923 - 1965)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY NITA NALDI (1897 - 1961)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY WALLACE BEERY (1885 - 1949)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LON CHANEY (1883 - 1930)

Photobucket

It's Marlene Dietrich, Jean Harlow, Joan Blondell, Heather Angel,

Edward G Robinson and Dolores Del Rio

Photobucket

Edward G. Robinson, Anne Baxter, and Orson Welles with French official Favre Le Bret

Photobucket

Lana Turner promoting a book in 1982

Message was edited by: mongo

Nice pic of Harlow and Dietrich together (and poor Joan Blondell looks so bored!). It's interesting that while Harlow and Carole Lombard were good friends, no photo of the two of these legends together is known to exist.

You've got me there, Mongo. I've no idea. Maybe an oversized model for a bit? I'd love to know the story behind that photo (but then I'm hopeless when it comes to equine related stuff in the movies).

APRIL 3rd, BIRTHDAYS

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARLON BRANDO (1924 - 2004)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DORIS DAY 87 today

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAN STERLING (1921 - 2004)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY ANDERSON 89 today

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY IRON EYES CODY (1907 - 1999)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DOOLEY WILSON (1894 - 1953)

Photobucket

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LESLIE HOWARD (1893 - 1943)

Hey, first off, I enjoyed your bio on the Fan Programmers page and I'm looking forward to seeing you introduce Double Indemity . :-)

Second, I was looking at that pic of Lana Turner promoting her book. I knew the face when I first saw it but couldn't place it. It got me thinking, as hard as it is for regular folks to age, it must be so much harder for those who, as Lana, made/make their living on them. Yes, their talent got them where they were too, but it must be so hard for them to grow old gracefully with the world watching. I guess that's why all those horrid face lifts that make them look like something out of a wax museum. Sad.

Anyway, thanks for the latest selection. :-)

Message was edited by: georgiegirl because they're is not their!

> {quote:title=georgiegirl wrote:}{quote}

> it must be so much harder for those who, as Lana, made/make their living on them. Yes, they're talent got them where they were too, but it must be so hard for them to grow old gracefully with the world watching. I guess that's why all those horrid face lifts that make them look like something out of a wax museum. Sad.

Good point, georgiegirl. Maybe that helps explain why Garbo retired and just wanted to be left alone.

Well, we're our own worst critics. Not having seen you before, I think you look good.

Don't get hung up on a photo, think of the moment and what a kick your family is going to get out of seeing you on TV. I'm sure your family and friends are very proud of you. :-)

Just get ready for some ribbing, as well as all the gushing. lol

I'd love to see a picture of Barbara Lawrence, surely one of our most beautiful actresses. Remember her in Letter to Three Wives? She never became a huge star for reasons that baffle me (she was always good in her roles). One account I read was that she was too tall and thin.

Mongo, I'm so looking forward to seeing you and hearing you! What a treat that will be!