Photobucket

FREDRIC MARCH (1897 - 1975)

Photobucket

RAYMOND MASSEY (1896 - 1983)

Photobucket

EDUARDO CIANNELLI (1889 - 1969)

Message was edited by: mongo

Photobucket

Maureen O'Hara with brothers ® ready to battle Confidendial Magazine (she won)

Photobucket

Make-up artist Perc Westmore with movie star Kay Francis (wearing a lamb?)

Why did Maureen O'Hara have to battle Confidential Magazine? Thanks for sharing Joan, Shirley, and Fred's birthday. I can't believe they are gone from us.

Maureen O"Hara was the focus of a story in 1957 that "Confidential" magazine did stating that she was observed in Graumans Chinese Theater making out and having sex with some man on a certain date in the back seats of the theater. Maureen did not take this laying down{pardon the pun} and sued the rag. Not only was she not in the theater when this incident occured and was reported, but she was not even in the country.She was in Spain. Her passport proved this beyond any doubt and she sued the hell out of them and ,if I remember correct. she won or settled for a very large sum which she then donated to a charity. She was one of the first or the first to take this scandal sheet to court , so many of the stars were afraid to do anything for fear of more bad publicity . So Kudos to the beautiful Lass from Erin. I think I got the story right.

Lizabeth Scott was not so lucky is right. The rag ran a story the she was a lesbian .She hired famed attorney Jerry Geisler and sued for 2.5 million and lost. She made one film after the trial , that was "Loving You" with Elvis.They damaged or ended careers in sports, politics and show business.But perhaps Groucho Marx had the best response to an artical they ran about him. The letter resides in Library of Congress..."If you don't stop printing scandalous articals about me, I'll be forced to cancel my subscription"

Lizabeth Scott was not so lucky is right. The rag ran a story the she was a lesbian .She hired famed attorney Jerry Geisler and sued for 2.5 million and lost. She made one film after the trial , that was "Loving You" with Elvis.They damaged or ended careers in sports, politics and show business.But perhaps Groucho Marx had the best response to an article they ran about him. The letter resides in Library of Congress..."If you don't stop printing scandalous articles about me, I'll be forced to cancel my subscription"

AUGUST 31st. BIRTHDAYS

Photobucket

WARREN BERLINGER is 72 today

Photobucket

JAMES COBURN (1928 - 2002)

Photobucket

BUDDY HACKETT (1924 - 2003)

Photobucket

RICHARD BASEHART (1914 - 1984)

Photobucket

CLAIRE DU BREY (1892 - 1993)

emmy22.jpg

(L-R) Farrah Fawcett, Kate Jackson and Jaclyn Smith walk onstage together during a tribute to Aaron Spelling at the 58th annual Primetime Emmy Awards at the Shrine Auditorium in Los Angeles August 27, 2006. The three were actresses on Charlie's Angels, one of the television shows Spelling produced in the 1970's.

1.jpg

*Kate Jackson, Farrah Fawcett and Jaclyn Smith (l-r), the original stars of Charlie's Angels, reunite at the 2006 Emmy Awards to pay tribute to the show's late producer, Aaron Spelling.*

Photobucket

Sophia Loren with Charles Chaplin directing "A Countess from Hong Kong" in 1967

SEPTEMBER 1st. BIRTHDAYS

Photobucket

JOYCE HOLDEN is 79 today

Photobucket

GEORGE MAHARIS is 81 today

Photobucket

VITTORIO GASSMAN (1922 - 2000)

Photobucket

YVONNE DE CARLO (1922 - 2007)

Photobucket

RICHARD FARNSWORTH (1920 - 2000)

Photobucket

ARLEEN WHELAN (1914 - 1993)

Photobucket

JOHNNY MACK BROWN (1904 - 1974)

Photobucket

RICHARD ARLEN (1900 - 1976)

Photobucket

BETTY BLYTHE (1893 - 1972)

> {quote:title=mongo wrote:}{quote}

> Photobucket

> Strummin' and drummin' are Kirk Douglas and Dan Dailey at a house party

This is a still taken on the Jack Benny Show set at CBS Television City in Hollywood for the "Jam Session" episode aired Oct. 17 1954. The sketch also featured Fred MacMurray on sax, Dick Powell on cornet, Tony Martin on clarinet as well as Benny on violin. I just happened to watch this on a DVD set I just got, and it's great. One of Benny's live, rather than filmed shows. These guys were all pros - knew their lines, stuck to the script (no nudge-wink asides), each one knew how to get his own laughs and also how to let the other guy get his and basically all went along with the gag - they came off like an experienced comedy ensemble troupe, and were a riot.