Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ForeverGarland

KIM NOVAK ~ Beauty & Talent!

Kim Novak has been a longtime favorite of mine,i think she has been very overlooked as a great Hollywood actress and beauty, and deserves better..Thanks to TCM for a special day of the wonderful Kim Novak!! F.G.

kim20novak.jpg

knovak2.jpg

WL800.jpg

po305.jpg

mzlb700a.jpg

photokimnovakbath114.jpg

kimnovac7hi.jpg

kimnovak-CMS_288759.jpg

kimnovak05.jpg

kimnovak02.jpg

kimnovak01.jpg

kim_novak_gallery_16.jpg

b988.jpg

153761011_o.jpg

152354461_o.jpg

122269597_o.jpg

113984030_o.jpg

kimwitch.jpg

265305.jpg

190c_1.jpg

Hi FG, I've recently become more of an admirer of Miss Novak. She's different. Tonight,

I finally saw *Middle of the Night* with her and Frederic March. It's was pretty good. It was

seeing *Pushover* about a year ago that made me pay more attention to her.

Thank you for the lovely pictures.

You know...Kim Novak keeps going under the radar with me. Yes, "Vertigo" is one of my all-time favorites, and I've seen her in a number of films, but I often forget about her; so many others take up room in my flimsy cerebral cortex. But thanx to TCM's "SUMMER UNDER THE STARS" I've been watching Kim since "Middle of the Night." She really is quite something else. Breathless, a little manic, and sooo damned voluptuous; always seems to be on the verge of wanting sex or feeling guilty or tortured about wanting sex; ever ready.

Her career includes costarring with MacMurray, Holden, James Stewart and Fredric March, Kirk Douglas and Tyrone Power. Those are my boys and I love 'em, but weren't there any younger, sexy men able to give her a tumble? I never quite believed they could handle her ('cept maybe Kirk - though I hear they didn't get along well during the "Strangers When We Meet" shoot). Nice little twists in "Pushover." Fred's over his head in his voyeuristic shenanigans with Novak in more ways than one.

Your pictures are lovely and brought home how smoldering she is. Today is just a reminder for me that Kim Novak makes me totally forget about Marilyn Monroe.

Gotta go catch my breath now. "Vertigo" will be coming soon. (After all, you know we gotta prep for ChiO's Fall Film Class).

The Best Kim Novak films: _"Picnic_" & "_Vertigo_" & "_Bell, Book & Candle_"

PICNIC-WmHolden-KimNovak-PICNIC.jpg

Picnic

bellbookjpeg.jpeg

Bell, Book and Candle

152056.jpg

PicnicMovie.jpg

*She was astonishingly beautiful, but the mix of vulnerability and confusion she conveyed made her special.*

Thanks for all the glam pix of Kim Novak...they reminded me of a day some years ago. I was wandering through a hardware store in Carmel when I came upon a blonde, sitting on the floor sorting through what appeared to be plumbing supplies. She looked up and smiled, I smiled and continued on my way. Just another day in Carmel...with Kim Novak, and she was as glamorous then as she ever was in her films.

those pics from Picnic really make the movie look much racier than it actually was lol

I have seen most of Miss. Novak's films, but the 1 film I wanted to see was: "_The Eddy Duchin Story"_ & I missed it since it came on so early. Well I checked Netflix, and low and behold they have it on DVD for rental!

*_The Eddy Duchin Story_* (1956) UR

This glossy biopic of famed dance band pianist Eddy Duchin has a real tearjerker ending and a memorable theme song. Tyrone Power plays the talented ivory tickler who was at the height of his career when he discovered he had leukemia; Kim Novak is his love interest. The movie is directed by George Sidney, a veteran of dozens of Golden Age MGM musicals.

The-Eddy-Duchin-Story.jpg

70726f647563742f376434666138656535652e6a70670032353000.png

> {quote:title=visualfeast wrote:}{quote}

> Thanks for all the glam pix of Kim Novak...they reminded me of a day some years ago. I was wandering through a hardware store in Carmel when I came upon a blonde, sitting on the floor sorting through what appeared to be plumbing supplies. She looked up and smiled, I smiled and continued on my way. Just another day in Carmel...with Kim Novak, and she was as glamorous then as she ever was in her films.

You think she knew you recognized her?

How exciting, To actually see a screen legend in person, i'd love to see Kim, she is a real favorite..lucky you! F.G.

Message was edited by: ForeverGarland

> {quote:title=ForeverGarland wrote:}{quote}

> How exciting, To actually see a screen legend in person, i'd love to see Kim, she is a real favorite..lucky you! F.G.

>

Can you imagine how many TCM regulars wouldn't have been able to resist the temptation to ask for her autograph?

I think I could've resisted temptation. I've seen many a celebrity on the streets of New York. I really just look at them (gawk to be honest) and keep it moving. I don't want to get embarassed by them. I might mention how I've admired their work, but autograph?? Nah... It's enough to look and stare and stare and stare and...

Well, celebrities in NYC are a dime a dozen, but running into someone famous at a small town (like Carmel) probably feels different. I emphasize "probably" because I really can't speak from experience. Of course it must feel awful to ask someone famous for an autograph or whatever and have them totally ignore you or whatever. In any event, I am not personally too interested in autographs.

I live in Los Angeles and from about 1993 to about 1996, I collected many autographs. Its rare if someone turned me down. Even people like Sally Field, Catherine Deneuve, Tom Cruise and Jack Nicholson stopped to give autographs. Of course I was mostly interested in collecting from stars of the 1930s-1950s. I can think of two that turned me down: Richard Chamberlain who said he would shake my hand, and I said no thank you since two years prior he did sign autographs, and the other was Nick Nolte who looked at me as if I was crazy. But then Nolte does have his problems. The current crop of so-called stars don't interest me in the least and I would never go out of my way to get them to sign a photo.

Sometimes I wonder if in this day and age, asking a famous person to pose with you for a cellphone photo mightn't be more popular than the old-fashioned autograph. But I'm just speculating there.

EDGECLIFF: "I can think of two that turned me down: Richard Chamberlain who said he would shake my hand, and I said no thank you since two years prior he did sign autographs..."

I'll bet ya Vince Edwards wouldn't have turned you down.

Hiya ForeverGarland,

i love your tribute to Kim....the pictures are beautiful.....i thought Ms.Novak was a beautiful woman i didnt think she was a great actress really....but i thought she was soooo breathtaking..her eyes were so beautiful and i thought she had a vunerability about her almost like a child..like a very young girl....i really loved her with Frank Sinatra and Rita Hayworth that was my fav Kim Novak movie..when she sang Funny Valentine...WOW......well she could have melted ANY man or womans heart.....she could have made anyone cry....she sang that with ALL her heart and soul.....i know she made me tear up......awsome.....

ty again for those beautiful pics

Ava :-)

Film Fatale,

Could be, i know im not the only one who has said that about her acting....you know some actresses can only go so far ya know, and i just think that Kim was one of those....Pretty lady, BEAUTIFUL body...but she always seemed i dont want to say like she was holding back, because im sure she wasnt, i think thats just all she could give......but wonderful just the same.....anyone who could sing a song and bring you to tears just from a song..well there ya go.....

Ava

Coming up Sunday, Jan. 11th, at 10am ET -

*Jeanne Eagels* (1957)

The famed actress fights drug addiction to build a career and find love.

Cast: Kim Novak Dir: George Sidney BW-109 mins, TV-PG

Jeanne-Eagels.jpg

Kim Novak fans are in for a truly excellent time tonight with a double feature of Kim Novak movies playing back-to-back!

*Bell, Book and Candle* (1959)

A beautiful witch puts a love spell on an unknowing publisher.

Cast: James Stewart, Kim Novak, Jack Lemmon, Ernie Kovacs Dir: Richard Quine C-102 mins, TV-PG

206375590_930e6362bd.jpg?v=0

*The Man With The Golden Arm* (1955)

A junkie must face his true self to kick his drug addiction.

Cast: Frank Sinatra, Eleanor Parker, Kim Novak, Arnold Stang Dir: Otto Preminger BW-119 mins, TV-14

man_with_the_golden_arm.jpg