Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Happy 90th Birthday to Nancy Olson!

noah80

I just haven't seen a lot of her work other than her very strong Oscar-nominated role in Sunset Blvd. There is another pairing of her and William Holden, a wartime romance, the title of which I'm not going to remember, which I can't remember now if I saw on TCM or YouTube. And she's the betrothed to Fred MacMurray whose wedding date he keeps forgetting in The Absent-Minded Professor, right?

Anyway, very happy birthday, Ms. Olson! So few stars left from that era. Hope everything in her life is good.

Yes, she's looking great and is still a very charming and articulate woman.  She was at the very first TCM Film Festival in 2010, for the screening of Sunset Boulevard, recalling her experience of filming that classic.  Sunset Boulevard was presented again at this year's fest in April and she appeared once more, as Nancy Olson Livingston, to discuss the film, her life, and career.  The audience at the Chinese Theater adored her!

Sunset Boulevard has given Nancy Olson a touch of film immortality.

Those early scenes she shares with Bill Holden in the film in which they are bantering with one another are important inasmuch as they give the audience a glimpse of what Holden's character might have been before hard times and a gradual moral decay began to set in with him. Olson's wholesome appeal and terrific chemistry with Holden are crucial to the success of these scenes.

If that is a recent photo of Nancy she does look terrific.

Happy 90th, Nancy, and may there be many more birthdays to come.

• Like 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings