Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

FORBES releases it's annual highest salary earners, BUT???

spence

Most have heard about FORBES MAGAZINE & OF COURSE NOW WEBSITE,etc & It's annual & supposedly official rankings of HOLLYWOODS HIGHEST PAID-(annually) MOVIE STARS

Malcolm Forbes passed away yrs back, but obviously his empire lives on

HOWEVER & I BET (JAKEEM) CAN GET THE SCOOP ON THIS, IT MAY BE TOO EARLY FOR THE LADIES LIST THOUGH, SEARCHED & SEARCHED

As for highest pd film actors for 2018>

1st place Dwayne Johnson

2. *George Clooney

& 3rd place they have Robert Downey, Jr

Now list summer Mark Wahlberg was voted #1

& #2. was VIN DIESEL???

& 3rd was Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson

As for the LADIS for last year 2017>

#! was recent *OSCAR winner *Emma Stone

2. *Jennifer Lawrence

3rd place Forbes had Melissa McCarthy with Jennifer Aniston close behind

Can some locate the actresses though for 2018 please?

& the studios for the most pt only go by the $B.O.$ of your last picture

NOT EXACTLY THE DAYS & ERA OF THE LIKES OF *THE KING: GABLE, *TRACY, *BOGEY, COOPER, GARBO, *KATE & *AUDREY HEPBURN HUH FOLKS

(UPDATE FOR 2018) Online it repots that *Clooney is "Forbes" list of highest pd current stars/actors, but elsewhere they cited Dwayne Johnson???

JAKEEM, this is your dish buddy, please clerify?

& to again try to clear this one up, when is the upcoming bio of LAUREL & HARDY coming out. It's not listed on all the trailers websites, yet?  & all jeep going back-and-fourth on THE IRISHMAN?

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Dwayne the Rock Johnson, Mark Walberg, Clooney and Vin Diesel...? These are the top actors I could get to see in current films?

I think I want to get a ticket for some time machine to take me back to the mid-1930's so I could see some of the male stars from back then, who seem a lot more exciting to watch.

I might take Robert Downey, Junior along with me, since he could take the place of Ross Alexander in some WB films of the time and would do himself proud.

6 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Dwayne the Rock Johnson, Mark Walberg, Clooney and Vin Diesel...? These are the top actors I could get to see in current films?

I think I want to get a ticket for some time machine to take me back to the mid-1930's so I could see some of the male stars from back then, who seem a lot more exciting to watch.

I might take Robert Downey, Junior along with me, since he could take the place of Ross Alexander in some WB films of the time and would do himself proud.

Wonder if any of those vintage stars could match Clooney's generosity and loyalty? In 2013, he invited 14 of his best friends to dinner at his house. They each were given black suitcases containing $1 million. He also paid their taxes for the year.

It was just his way of saying thanks for their help before he became a superstar.

• Like 2

On ‎7‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 9:35 AM, jakeem said:

Scarlett Johansson is now the highest-paid actress in the world. She took home $40.5 million in pre-tax earnings between June 2017 and June 2018 https://cnnmon.ie/2MAdWBf 

Image result for scarlett johansson

She's yet to be recognized by the *ACADEMY though, despite some strong releases, most notably the wonderful contender-(BP, Actor, Director, Script) "LOST IN TRANSLATION" (l993) ($45m.) (4 STARS!)

Who else has seen this utterly marvelous little film???

14 hours ago, jakeem said:

Wonder if any of those vintage stars could match Clooney's generosity and loyalty? In 2013, he invited 14 of his best friends to dinner at his house. They each were given black suitcases containing $1 million. He also paid their taxes for the year.

It was just his way of saying thanks for their help before he became a superstar.

To me he's a cool guy, terrific actor, excellent filmmaker-(SEE: GOOD NIGHT & GOOD LUCK (2005)  ($35m.)) & thankfully is now nowhere near as politically outspoken as he was, since getting married.

& to me is also somewhat a throwback to the grand stars of HOLLYWOODS GOLDEN AGE-(1925-63)

20 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

It's telling that the likes of Vin Diesel is among Hollywoods current most popular, huh ?????

But the studios make tons Internationally with action/adventure flix, so they put the $dough$ out constantly

I like "THE ROCK" though a ton more then him

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, jakeem said:

George Clooney tops the 2018 Forbes' list of highest-paid actors. https://abcn.ws/2wpy4Ml 

DlWLqQeUUAEvCCJ.jpg

As much as I like *George, in no way shape or form did he truly deserve that 46th Annual AFI Lifetime Achievement Award, over such deserving folks as>*Sarandon &  I bet *Denzel gets it next!?  Unlike *Oscar, it's recipient must accept this honor in person, hence no heavyweights as>Garbo, *K. Hepburn, *Brando & more. *"The Great: Tracy" died ion '67-(June 10th) but he wouldn't have accepted it anyway & as most reading this already know 1973 was it's debut yr at this particular award & it easily went to: *John "The Master" Ford-(l894-l973).

No excuse for snubbing>Cary Grant-(l904-86)-(& ironically in it's superb & my fav. of all these now too-many AFI "100yrs specials": he was voted runner-up all-time star to only *Bogey)

Others that likely woulda' loved it are>*John "The Duke" Wayne, *Chaplin, Bob Hope, *Ginger Rogers, maybe *Ingrid Bergman & of course Mitchum.)

On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 6:31 PM, jakeem said:

George Clooney tops the 2018 Forbes' list of highest-paid actors. https://abcn.ws/2wpy4Ml 

DlWLqQeUUAEvCCJ.jpg

(TRIVIA: Whats *Clooney's biggest $moneyspinner td$  & my personal choices for "Essential *Clooney"

1st GOOD NIGHT AND GOOD LUCK-(a perfect film on every level) ($35 million gross)

2nd OUT OF SIGHT (l998) ($38m.)-(& Ben Mankiewicz lists this among his favs)

3rd fav. to date is  O Brother Where art Though? (2000) & to date he's made-(or more likely had fun with *THE COEN BROS 5 times already) ($45m.)

4th A PERFECT STORM (2000) (& made $182m.)-(P.S. Kinda' a personal pick because on the tremendous WB's VIP Tour the tour bus drove up to it's s. stage, still largest on this globe! Also where *Tracy-(after starting off the coast off Cuba) filmed most of his 1958 epic classic The Old Man and the Sea & as "LIFE" GOES TO THE MOVIES" phrases it "He Gives an epic Performance all by Himself" unquote & stunningly lost Best Actor to *David Niven that year in Separate Tables??? & many may not believe this, but critics of the era thought *Tracy was even greater in *Ford's great Irish politico THE LAST HURRAH imnstead)

& 5th for *George  must be MICHAEL CLAYTON-(watch the ending & you;'ll know what I mean)

& I;m a bona-fide *SINATRA fan & buff, but think 2000's OCEAN'S ELEVEN ($182m.) was also a fine caper 

& he should work opposite MICHELLE PFEIFFER again, the had great chemistry in 1998's One Fine Day ($45m)

PLEASE CHIME-=IN

8 hours ago, spence said:

As much as I like *George, in no way shape or form did he truly deserve that 46th Annual AFI Lifetime Achievement Award, over such deserving folks as>*Sarandon &  I bet *Denzel gets it next!? 

Sure he did. Name someone else who's received eight Academy Award nominations over six different categories. And he's won twice -- in two different categories.

Clooney's nominations are as follows (Oscar wins in bold): 

• 2005 -- Best Supporting Actor (for "Syriana").
  • 2005 -- Best Director (for "Good Night, and Good Luck).
  • 2005 -- Best Original Screenplay (shared with Grant Heslov for "Good Night, and Good Luck").
  • 2007 -- Best Actor (for "Michael Clayton").
  • 2009 -- Best Actor (for "Up in the Air").
  • 2011 -- Best Adapted Screenplay (shared with Heslov and Beau Willimon for "The Ides of March"). 
  • 2011 -- Best Actor (for "The Descendants").
  • 2012 -- Best Picture (shared with co-producers Heslov and Ben Affleck for "Argo").
  • Like 1

Can anyone read spense's headline without flashing back on Lewis Carroll?:

And when I found the door was shut, I tried to turn the handle, BUT--' 

There was a long pause. 

`Is that all?' Alice timidly asked. 

`That's all,' said Humpty Dumpty. `Good-bye.' 

:D

23 hours ago, jakeem said:

So he had 14 'best friends' that needed the cash????     Either way,  I'm not that impressed (unless the money went to them so they could donate it to their favorite charity,  which would be really cool). 

There are many charitable organizations (e.g. Planned Parent Hood,  or his friend Matt Damon's Water Project both which I donate too along with the Sierra Club and Audubon Society) that could use those funds more so then his friends.

As for the Auduorn Society:   PBS had a really nice special on John James Audubon.    That guy had one interesting life.    I'm surprised a movie has never been made about him.   (but hey I love all thing 'birds').

28 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

So he had 14 'best friends' that needed the cash????     Either way,  I'm not that impressed (unless the money went to them so they could donate it to their favorite charity,  which would be really cool). 

There are many charitable organizations (e.g. Planned Parent Hood,  or his friend Matt Damon's Water Project both which I donate too along with the Sierra Club and Audubon Society) that could use those funds more so then his friends.

As for the Auduorn Society:   PBS had a really nice special on John James Audubon.    That guy had one interesting life.    I'm surprised a movie has never been made about him.   (but hey I love all thing 'birds').

Clooney and his wife -- the activist lawyer Amal Alamuddin -- are well known for their philanthropy and humanitarian efforts. In June, for instance, they pledged $100,000 to a small Chicago-based nonprofit to aid unaccompanied immigrant minors.

Human rights lawyer Amal Clooney and actor George Clooney attend a summit on refugees at the United Nations in New York. 

51 minutes ago, jakeem said:

Clooney and his wife -- the activist lawyer Amal Alamuddin -- are well known for their philanthropy and humanitarian efforts. In June, for instance, they pledged $100,000 to a small Chicago-based nonprofit to aid unaccompanied immigrant minors.

Human rights lawyer Amal Clooney and actor George Clooney attend a summit on refugees at the United Nations in New York. 

How does that relate to what I asked?????   It doesn't.       

In fact pointing out that they gave 100K to a worth while cause but gave 14 million to friends,   makes the latter look even more lame.

PS:  I'm a fan of Clooney (and especially his aunt, as well as his father),  so I find it hard to believe he would give away millions to friends just so they could spend the money on materialistic crap.

8 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

How does that relate to what I asked?????   It doesn't.       

In fact pointing out that they gave 100K to a worth while cause but gave 14 million to friends,   makes the latter look even more lame.

PS:  I'm a fan of Clooney (and especially his aunt, as well as his father),  so I find it hard to believe he would give away millions to friends just so they could spend the money on materialistic crap.

Well, I hope more folks care for their friends as well as birds and trees.

• Haha 1

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings