Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic film senior quote ideas

Hi! First time poster here. I graduate this upcoming school year and would love to use a classic film quote as my senior quote. Anybody got any suggestions? I'm leaning toward a more meaningful quote than a silly one. My favorite classic film actor is Anthony Perkins, if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance!!

21 minutes ago, ksue00 said:

I'm leaning toward a more meaningful quote than a silly one.

Darn, there goes my suggestion of "We are protected by the enormity of your stupidity, for a time" from Notorious:P

I assume the line from Psycho about not even hurting this fly wouldn't count as serious either.

In any case, welcome to the boards and enjoy our merry little band of miscreants.

• Like 2

Welcome from me  too.  I'd have to say.....

You caught ME( at least) off guard with this one.  I'll have to wrack what's left of my BRAIN( especially after the '70's!  ;)  ), so be patient and I'll see what I can come up with.  :)

Sepiatone

• Like 1

We welcome you with open arms and congrats on your upcoming graduation!

So if I understand you correctly you'd like us to come up with a quote for you?

I've always found this quote by I think Raymond Massey, from one of his roles, to be meaningful:

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."

• Like 2

"Flag on the moon. How did it get there?"

"Boys from the city. Not yet caught by the whirlwind of Progress. Feed soda pop to the thirsty pigs."

"Nothing bothers some people, not even flying saucers."

• Like 1

This might set a TCM record. A forum member born in the 21st Century? That is a beautiful thing. Here is one for fun. By the way, there is a radio station, KSUE, in Susanville, California. Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

11 hours ago, Fedya said:

Darn, there goes my suggestion of "We are protected by the enormity of your stupidity, for a time" from Notorious:P

I assume the line from Psycho about not even hurting this fly wouldn't count as serious either.

In any case, welcome to the boards and enjoy our merry little band of miscreants.

Thank you!! Glad to be here.

8 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

Welcome from me  too.  I'd have to say.....

You caught ME( at least) off guard with this one.  I'll have to wrack what's left of my BRAIN( especially after the '70's!  ;)  ), so be patient and I'll see what I can come up with.  :)

Sepiatone

Will do, thank you!

1 hour ago, CaveGirl said:

We welcome you with open arms and congrats on your upcoming graduation!

So if I understand you correctly you'd like us to come up with a quote for you?

I've always found this quote by I think Raymond Massey, from one of his roles, to be meaningful:

"Chop your own wood and it will warm you twice."

Yes a quote to put under my senior portrait in the yearbook. That's a good one!

49 minutes ago, jimmymac71 said:

This might set a TCM record. A forum member born in the 21st Century? That is a beautiful thing. Here is one for fun. By the way, there is a radio station, KSUE, in Susanville, California. Welcome! Thanks for joining us.

I know I know, I'm a baby. Just 17 as of December. Just cant get enough of the past culture. And that's awesome! KSUE is just my first initial and middle name! Haha.

45 minutes ago, ksue00 said:

Yes a quote to put under my senior portrait in the yearbook. That's a good one!

Just curious, what quotes have you yourself come up with for this spot of honor in your yearbook?

42 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

KSUE, eh?

Are you sure you're not a radio station?

You might guess, I've been there. They played records on AM and the FM sister station was automated. Way back in the late 1970s. My audition tape, should it still be around is probably lethal with dust.

KSUE.jpg

8 hours ago, CaveGirl said:

Just curious, what quotes have you yourself come up with for this spot of honor in your yearbook?

None. Honestly, I forgot about it until about 2:00 AM last night.

7 hours ago, jimmymac71 said:

You might guess, I've been there. They played records on AM and the FM sister station was automated. Way back in the late 1970s. My audition tape, should it still be around is probably lethal with dust.

KSUE.jpg

This is hilarious. Even funny that it's country, as I am from the south.

I graduated from high school a few years ago, and unlike the rest of my classmates, I used a quote from an old Disney movie.

"I like things you can depend on. The sea, you can never be sure of it."

-Swiss Family Robinson

Hope this helps.

11 hours ago, ksue00 said:

This is hilarious. Even funny that it's country, as I am from the south.

Susanville, CA. is about 85 miles from Reno, NV. Rural America seems to like country music. For me, country music is like TCM. I only like the older stuff.

Being 3X your age, my yearbook was different. All B&W.

I just reread your original post. So you want to be serious. Sorry, I missed that the first time.

I feel like an old jukebox, searching for a record that isn't there.

I love Katherine Hepburn. Nothing from her comes to mind just now. She would not let you call yourself a baby at 17. You are the future. A phrase that says who you are and who you want to be is a good place to begin thinking.

So, I am curious. What happens after graduation?

Oh, and I have a homework assignment for you. Sheesh. If you don't know American Graffiti, now is a great time to watch. If you don't know what happens after graduation, The Wolfman will say, "Get your a88 in gear."

2 hours ago, jimmymac71 said:

I love Katherine Hepburn. Nothing from her comes to mind just now.

"Oh, we're going to talk about me again, are we? Goody."

(From The Philadelphia Story, of course.)

I give you this classic line from my alter ego as depicted by my avatar:

But how about a take on that line:

"Fasten your seatbelts, it's gonna be a bumpy LIFE"