Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Classic film senior quote ideas

Here's another Hepburn quote: "Most people's lives, what are they but trails of debris - each day more debris, more debris... long, long trails of debris, with nothing to clean it all up but death. "

(From Suddenly, Last Summer)

• Like 1
Just now, Fedya said:

Here's another Hepburn quote: "Most people's lives, what are they but trails of debris - each day more debris, more debris... long, long trails of debris, with nothing to clean it all up but death. "

(From Suddenly, Last Summer)

I'm going to make an inspirational poster with this quote on it!    

• Haha 2

"How do we keep what happens to us? How do fit it into life without turning it into an anecdote?...it was an experience. How do we keep the experience?"

Stockard Channing (Ouisa Kittredge) in Six Degrees of Separation.

• Like 1

"There is no sacrifice too great for a chance at immortality" - In a Lonely Place.  Perhaps that's too pretentious.  Lol. 

"Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn." - Gone With the Wind.  This would be hilarious.

"Just keep swimming" - Finding Nemo

"As a wise man once said, wherever you go, there you are." -The Brady Bunch Movie

"Searching for a boy in high school is as useless as searching for meaning in a Pauly Shore movie." Clueless

"She doesn't even go here!" Mean Girls

Okay.  Maybe these aren't all serious contributions.  Right now I'm more focused on the fact that I was a senior in high school the year you were born. I will keep thinking. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, speedracer5 said:

Okay.  Maybe these aren't all serious contributions.  Right now I'm more focused on the fact that I was a senior in high school the year you were born. I will keep thinking. 

How do you think feel?

"Bout the time HE/she was born I was celebrating my best friend's 30th wedding anniversary!  I was their best man.

Anyway....from THE WIZARD OF OZ---

"Some people without brains do an awful  lot of talking."--Scarecrow

Sepiatone

• Like 1

I just have to go with Dirty Dancing and "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

I would be the boy version of the song "At 17," not the lyrics from "It Was A Very Good Year."

It is easier to come up with laughable quotes.

Here are tons from American Graffiti. Naturally, my favorite is the "Cheese" quote:

https://www.quotes.net/movies/320

Hmmmm...well KSUE, after much thought here I think I might have come up with a pretty good movie quote to have posted under your senior yearbook picture here. Yep, I think the use of this following very famous movie quote would show the world your great determination to face any and all future possible barriers to your success and prosperity in the adult world with vigor and aplomb. (no, this second thing isn't a fruit) 

And so, here it is. It was said by Scarlett O'Hara at the very end of the first half of Gone with the Wind:

"As God is my witness, I'll never go hungry again!"

Okay sure, of course this might work best if you normally look a little malnourished or at the very least a little too thin and jaunt, and lets also not forget here that the camera usually does put about 10 pounds on people, and so......

(...oh, never mind...bad suggestion...just forget I said anything here, young lady...what's that you kids all say now days?...oh yeah, "My bad"!)  

;)

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sepiatone said:

How do you think feel?

"Bout the time HE/she was born I was celebrating my best friend's 30th wedding anniversary!  I was their best man.

Anyway....from THE WIZARD OF OZ---

"Some people without brains do an awful  lot of talking."--Scarecrow

Sepiatone

When playing for small parties after people have had a few drinks I'll spot the person that is most 'out of it' and say I'm dedicating a song to them;  then I play 'if I only had a brain'.     Now most in the audience will start to laugh (i.e. they recognize the tune and understand the joke),   but most of the time the one I dedicated the song to doesn't catch on,   thus validating that I selected the right person for my 'tribute'!

• Haha 2
12 minutes ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

When playing for small parties after people have had a few drinks I'll spot the person that is most 'out of it' and say I'm dedicating a song to them;  then I play 'if I only had a brain'.     Now most in the audience will start to laugh (i.e. they recognize the tune and understand the joke),   but most of the time the one I dedicated the song to doesn't catch on,   thus validating that I selected the right person for my 'tribute'!

Too bad you never had the occasion of having a certain ex-Vice President in your audience, James.

(...'cause then of course you could have sung the Tin Man's lyrics to that same tune)

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, Dargo said:

Too bad you never had the occasion of having a certain ex-Vice President in your audience, James.

(...'cause then of course you could have sung the Tin Man's lyrics to that same tune)

I believe our young lady is below the legal drinking age.

On 7/24/2018 at 1:40 AM, ksue00 said:

None. Honestly, I forgot about it until about 2:00 AM last night.

Most of the people here charge $20.00 per minute for their uniqe and clever ideas for those unable to come up with any.

I'm sure they'll accept any major credit cards from you.

2 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

Most of the people here charge $20.00 per minute for their uniqe and clever ideas for those unable to come up with any.

Funny,  but last night I saw one of those 'these 20 questions will determine your IQ' pop-up.   I took the bait and answered those 20 questions.   Then it says 'click here to see your results';  I click and it asks for info and then, a credit card number.   It cost $14.95!   I got out of there fast.

Anyone that does pay that price should have 20 points subtracted from their score!!!!

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

My advice isn't worth 2 bits, let alone a double sawbuck.

1 hour ago, jamesjazzguitar said:

Funny,  but last night I saw one of those 'these 20 questions will determine your IQ' pop-up.   I took the bait and answered those 20 questions.   Then it says 'click here to see your results';  I click and it asks for info and then, a credit card number.   It cost $14.95!   I got out of there fast.

Anyone that does pay that price should have 20 points subtracted from their score!!!!

Jimmy, I will give you a Mensa test for only $12.95. Of course the shipping and handling is about fifty bucks.

Your acceptance of this possibility, will determine your IQ asap!

• Haha 1
40 minutes ago, jimmymac71 said:

My advice isn't worth 2 bits, let alone a double sawbuck.

If you are doing someone else's work, you should be paid adequately just for assuming the responsibility. Don't be a sucker, Jimmy!

35 minutes ago, CaveGirl said:

If you are doing someone else's work, you should be paid adequately just for assuming the responsibility. Don't be a sucker, Jimmy!

I am only thinking of KSUE, who probably needs them $20 for a reliable car and university. What kind of car, you ask? Don't be silly ... a Subaru.

On 7/24/2018 at 2:22 AM, Gershwin fan said:

maxresdefault.jpg

"Honesty is the best politics" - Stan Laurel, Sons of the Desert

Also welcome to the boards, fellow young person!

GF, you changed your picture.

Welcome, Agent Cooper! The donuts and some hot joe are in the TCM lounge, where all the lizards hang out.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jimmymac71 said:

I am only thinking of KSUE, who probably needs them $20 for a reliable car and university. What kind of car, you ask? Don't be silly ... a Subaru.

OMG!

I haven't met anyone this gullible, since I pretended to be a reporter from the local paper and got men at Friday's to give me their bank account numbers, just to show they were really U.S. citizens. 

Since you don't want the 20-smackeroos for your submission to the college student who is picking your brain, you can send it along to me, and I'll use it wisely and pick up some Guinness Stout on the way home!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CaveGirl said:

OMG!

Guess I was raised on the other side of the tracks. I am not sure if she mentioned college. I said university. I will follow you home. Since I don't drive, watch for a transit vehicle. Put on your turn signal in advance so I can alert the driver to stop. "Black Velvet, if you please." (Alannah Myles) I could send you a recipe for Guinness Stew. Yummers!

On 7/25/2018 at 1:33 PM, jimmymac71 said:

I just have to go with Dirty Dancing and "Nobody puts Baby in a corner."

:wacko:

Don't exactly strike me as "senior quote" type of stuff.  And sorry, but IMHO probably the dumbest quote from that movie.

Let's try another (that I'm ashamed I forgot and overlooked)......

"Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer."--GODFATHER II  But still debating with myself as to whether it was "and" or "but".  ;) 

Sepiatone