Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lavender, I apologize for not answering earlier. I was just about to go out the door when I saw your answer. I didn't have time then to post the complete story. Bridget Fonda is correct. For those who don't know, she is the daughter of Peter Fonda and the granddaughter of Henry Fonda. Henry's first wife was actress Margaret Sullavan. They were married in the early 1930's, but the marraige did not last long and there were no children. A few years later, Henry married Frances Seymour Brokaw. They had two children, Jane, born in 1937, and Peter, born in 1940. Margaret Sullavan married director William Wyler, but that marraige also did not last long. She divorced him and soon after married agent and producer Leland Hayward. They had three children. Daughter Brooke, born in 1937, became an actress and model. She wrote a best selling book about growing up in a very dysfunctional Hollywood family. Daughter Bridget, born in 1939, spent a good deal of her short life in and out of mental institutions. Son Bill, born in 1941, also spent a lot of time in mental hospitals. He became a producer like his father. Even though Henry and Margaret were once married, they remained on good terms and their children were good friends growing up. Margaret had her own demons to deal with and she also was treated for depression at mental institutions. On January 1st. 1960, Margaret died from an overdose of barbiturates. In October of the same year, daughter Bridget died the same way. It was ruled a suicide. When Peter Fonda's daughter was born, he named her Bridget, after his old childhood friend, Bridget Hayward. When he made the picture "Easy Rider" in 1969, five year old Bridget Fonda appeared as a child in a commune. The film was co-produced by Bill Hayward. Peter's co-star and director was Dennis Hopper, who was married at the time to Brooke Hayward. In 1977, Brooke Hayward's book "Haywire" was published and became a best seller. There was a TV movie version in 1980 that starred Lee Remick and Jason Robards. Of course, it was produced by Bill Hayward. He also had two children, a girl named Bridget and a boy named Leland. Bill Hayward committed suicde in 2008 by shooting himself. Brooke Hayward is still with us.

Lavender, I don't know if I should call you Ms. Blue or Ms. Hips. You probably wouldn't like one of them, so I'll just stick with Lavender. It's your turn now.

PLEASE, let's stick with Lavender. It was a very long time ago, I did read Haywire .There's a sweet movie with Bridget Fonda and Nicholas Cage- It Could Happen To You. Good question Miles.

The other day on TCM I noticed that in 2 different films, Spencer Tracy called 2 characters by the name of Pinky. Can you name the 2 films and the 2 he called Pinky????

Thank you.

This future (male) big star had two lines in The Graduate but it was enough to get

him a place in another film so he could take a very long voyage ten years later.

Thanks. Can you name an actor who got the leading role in a movie based strictly on his voice? This was not an animated film.

I won't be around for a while to confirm your answers. I'm going to see "Singin' In The Rain" tonight. Is anyone else on the boards going to see it too?

Yes, Claude Rains got the role in "The Invisible Man" based solely on his voice. After all, It really didn't matter what he looked like, did it?

"Singin' In The Rain" was terrific. There was a good, enthusiastic crowd, and the picture and sound quality were excellent. I just wish I could have gotten in for 1952 prices, but that was too much to ask. It will be shown on TCM tonight on Gene Kelly day.

Kid Dabb, you have the thread.

• 1 month later...

A lot of threads are open.

Getting this started again:

In 1948, this future Oscar-winning actress became the youngest solo performer ever to be seen in a Royal Command Variety Performance at the London Palladium, where she performed along with Danny Kaye and the Nicholas Brothers for members of King George VI's family