Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
daneldorado

Movie Trivia

The first actress who played the memorable character was born in Australia; the second actress in England.

I think that the 2 actresses are Judith Anderson and Diana Rigg, who both played the role of Mrs. Danvers in Rebecca (Danvers in the film version and Rigg in the TV version).

I have no idea who their favorite Brady Bunch kid was.

I think that the 2 actresses are Judith Anderson and Diana Rigg, who both played the role of Mrs. Danvers in Rebecca (Danvers in the film version and Rigg in the TV version).

Marsha, Marsha, Marsha (I don't know if it is, I just wanted to type that)

• Like 2

Correct, Azure. They also starred in Medea  on Broadway to great acclaim and won Tonys for their performances.

I was just being silly with the Brady Bunch question

Your thread, Azure.

Thanks, Arsan. Sorry for forgetting to answer the Broadway part of your question. I think that I was distracted by the Brady Bunch kid question. LOL

Open thread.

This pair made four movies together.   By the time they were filming the fourth, he was no longer even speaking to her.  And he never even told her the cause of his behavior.  She had always hoped that they would settle their differences before his death.  Unfortunately, that never happened.  Name the two.

You are absolutely amazing, Starlit.  I thought I would have to give several clues to this.  She said that when they were filming "Johnny Dark", their fourth movie together, he acted like she was not even present.  One can only wonder what happened to provoke this behavior.  Well, Starlit, it's all yours.

Thanks, Terrence.

This actor and actress made only one film together, but they shared a bond in the fact that their ex-spouses were now married to each other.

Name the stars and the film.

Hint:  The film was a remake of a movie made just 4 years before with one major change - the character that the female star played was originally a man.

Hint #2:  Although the actor received star billing, he was still a few years away from actually achieving true star status.  The actress on the other hand had been a major star and was demoted to a supporting role.

This one has been driving me crazy, but I think I've got it.  (Finally!)  I think that the film is King of the Underworld, which was a remake of Dr. Socrates.  The two stars whose ex-spouses married each other are Kay Francis and Humphrey Bogart. 

Yes, yes, and yes!  Kay Francis was being treated very shabbily by WB at this point in her career, and Humphrey Bogart was given star billing for the first time more out of spite towards Kay than anything else.  Despite this, Bogart and Kay got along well and he tried his best to get her through the picture as painlessly as possible.

I happily turn the thread over to you,Azure.

Thanks, Star.  That was a very interesting piece of trivia.

Next:  During the production of his very first film, a certain actor was almost fired because the director didn't think that he was doing a good job.  The lead actress in the film, who was already an established star, fought to keep the actor in the film.  The actress had insisted on him being cast in the film in the first place.  Due to her kindness and encouragement, the actor's performance improved.  He would go on to become one of the biggest stars in Hollywood.  To thank her for helping him to get his start, the actor sent the actress flowers every year on the anniversary of the first day of filming (for his first film). 

Please name the actor, the actress and the film. 

William Holden, Barbara Stanwyck and Golden Boy?

Correct on all counts! Good job, Star. Your turn.

As this actor was driving through his studio's lot, he waved at a famous director he had never met.  The director was so impressed with the actor's wave that he cast him in a major role in one of his pictures, which resulted in the actor's skyrocketing to fame..  

Name the actor, director and the movie.

Thanks Star.

Gather round, it's story time again.

Once upon a time, an actress went to England to do a movie.  The actress' boyfriend threatened one of the actors with a gun because the boyfriend thought the actor was having an affair with his girlfriend.  The actor proceeded to deck the boyfriend.  Not long after this happened, the boyfriend went back to the U.S.

Name the movie, actress, actor, and the actress's boyfriend.

I wonder if Stompanato threatened actors in Hollywood like that.  He probably thought "this guy's an actor, I can scare him."  

Anyway, you are correct film lover.  Your thread. 

This movie has one of the creepiest religious services filmed, not including horror movies.  The star would walk away from their career within six years of filming.  Name the film, director, and the two stars.