Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

On 9/27/2018 at 11:47 AM, Arturo said:

A woman is bored with her life in a small town.  Her husband had promised to take her to Chicago, but never did; he is content in the small town  The woman runs off to Chicago with another man.

Arturo, I'm just waiting for your confirmation that Beyond the Forest is correct.

1 minute ago, starliteyes said:

Arturo, I'm just waiting for your confirmation that Beyond the Forest is correct.

Starliteyes, 

Good try but that isn't the movie I'm thinking of.  Here is another clue.

The wife is killed on her way to Chicago.

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...

This studio’s PR department planted stories that an actor in an upcoming film would become the next Perry Como because of a scene in which he sang and accompanied himself on the piano.  However, the scene was cut from the picture before release and, although the actor went on to have a lengthy career in movies, it was not as a musical star.

Name the actor and the movie.

That is exactly what it is!  The first cut of Laura included a scene where Vincent Price sang You'll Never Know while accompanying himself on the piano.  It was cut before release and seems to have ended his musical career.

Your thread, Arturo.  

• Like 1