Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OK, the statute of limitations has run. What I was looking for, other than Stanley Donen, was COME AND GET IT (1936), co-directed by Howard Hawks and William Wyler, and THE GREEN PASTURES (1936), co-directed by William Keighley and Marc Connolly. I'm surprised Mr. 6s didn't answer the latter, since he was so knowledgeable about the film the last time around. In any case, this thread belongs to either cujas, Eve, or Lana, who all answered pieces of the question. Come and get it!

Edited by: finance on Feb 19, 2010 3:14 PM

Well, I?m going to jump in since I happen to be passing through tonight.

This international star of the 1950s was an athlete (soccer, boxing, tennis, swimming) had also studied law. He was quoted as saying ?Sometimes my face is more beautiful than the leading lady?s? ? and he was right!

Yes I am *Rosanno Brazzi*. I was born in Bologna in 1916. Being athletic, I was not only an amateur boxer but was also on my university?s soccer team ? in Florence ? where I earned my law degree in 1937. I moved to Rome to practice law and was ?discovered.? I made my film debut in 1939. My breakout role was in *Damals* (1943), and it is rumored that I was active in the Italian Resistance during WWII. My career was at its peak during the 1950s (though it was kicked off by *Little Women* in 1949): *Three Coins in the Fountain* (1954), *The Barefoot Contessa* (1954), *Summertime* (1955) and *South Pacific* (1958). However, my career endured beyond my own lifespan, with my final film being released after my death. Though I have been quoted as saying that sometimes my face was more beautiful than my leading ladies, that was not always true, and certainly wasn?t in the case of *The Barefooot Contessa* starring Ava Gardner?

Your thread?

Clark Gable was in Red Dust and then in Mogambo, a remake, with him in the same role he created. Name another instance where an actor starred in the original (the one I?m thinking of was made in 1937) and also in the remake (made in 1948) where the actor portrayed the same character.

Nope, not *Big Jake*. One set of brothers are well known to classic movie fans. The other set of brothers are not as well known and are overshadowed by their sister, who is also in this film. And, it's not a western, although the male and female leads (as well as many of the supporting actors) appeared in several westerns together.