Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Western Movie Rambles

Think back, Pilgrim:

Nice things I wrote: Wow, bless you for making those lists, Frank! I'm going to print them out and save them myself. I didn't even know Three Faces West and The Last Hurrah were

out on dvd. Thank you, that must have taken lots of time to put together.

_Nasty_ thing you wrote: *I always keep a list of trashy DVDs to avoid on hand.*

I'm ready for my abject apology now.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> Care to shoot for Column 5, Line 1? Keep it up.

>

> That's my lucky number! I've got plenty of ammo to handle you and your posse.

Careful, your hand is shaking so much, Pilgrim, you might shoot yourself in the foot! :P

Now I don't mean to get into the middle of this....( column 5 line 8--works for woman or a man) but just wanted to say a quick thanks Miss G--I had not gone looking for this site to put it on my new computer yet.....and now I have it again!! (I've been missing my little clicks now and then!) :-)

Ok--let the belligerence resume.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> I definitely prefer you as a Clanton. Thank goodness you've returned to your true tribe.

>

> Who and where the heck was I before?

You had the audacity to think you could possibly be related to me! Such impertinence.

I'm sure I would never mean to offend a Clanton. I meant I was frightened I wasn't

worthy of the thought. :P

Oh, we are. We love to have a good time. Shakespeare is a favorite of ours.

Hmmmm....yes, I can see that by your faces. But why must you keep shooting the

actors before they've finished their soliloquies? It gives the town a bad rep.

Now I must tear myself away because I'm proper pooped. Nitey nite!

I'm sure I would never mean to offend a Clanton. I meant I was frightened

I wasn't worthy of the thought.

Why you crafty girl, you. You know how to wiggle.

Hmmmm....yes, I can see that by your faces. But why must you keep

shooting the actors before they've finished their soliloquies? It gives the town

a bad rep.

Old habits and poor peformances die hard.

Now I must tear myself away because I'm proper pooped. Nitey nite!

Happy trails, Clementine.

Last night I caught most of the restored HOW THE WEST WAS WON on Encore Westerns.

I thought they did a beautiful job on restoring the print but I definitely do not like Cinerama. People

shrink to the point of disappearing when they move out of a frame and the whole perspective

is ****, at least on a television screen. That said I didn't even find the movie itself as good as I

remember when I last saw it, probably 10 years ago. It was never a huge favorite but it completely

lost my interest once the focus shifted away from the Stewart/Baker and Peck/Reynolds stories.

I can't stand George Peppard so that may have something to do with it. Even Ford's brief, middle

sequence on the civil war was no improvement. I felt Jimmy was miscast in his part, or perhaps

too old. The action sequences were good but they are better in Ford's 1924 *The Iron Horse*, frankly.