Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Convention City opening credits on Youtube!!

CKY

They appear to be the opening credits of *CONVENTION CITY*, but if you look at the text of Convention City and all the names of the people who did the work, Story by, Edited By, ETC, they look photoshoped. The only way to prove it is a fake is to identify the videos they use to introduce all the actors. If you recognize them from another movie, then it?s a fake, since I?m pretty sure that they only use the clips from the movie you?re going to watch to introducing the characters.

TCM and Anyone's else help *Wanted* & *Appreciated*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_7A_9CHI8g *ENJOY*

*Info added by the Poster of the video:*

Nice opening credits, but where is the rest of this film? Oh, well at least we can see Dick Powell, Guy Kibbee, Gordon Westcott, Patricia Ellis, Joan Blondell, Adolphe Menjou, Mary Astor, Frank McHugh, Ruth Donnelly, Hugh Herbert, Grant Mitchell, Hobart Cavanaugh, Sheila Terry and Johnny Arthur. Apparently the action takes place in Atlantic City, New Jersey, during a rubber convention.

The video is a fake, but professionally done. I'm going to subscribe to this guys site. "Ned Sparks"

I love the brassy sound of the Warner bros. Orchestra, especially as conducted by

Leo Forbstein. I'd like to have a sound disc featuring their stuff if it exists.

Warners didnt use the swish-pan technique of introducing the players in their films.

Furthermore, only 2 or 3 main leads and 2 or 3 supporting stars were highlighted.

Ned Sparks (the video-producer guy) uses the "Brodway" typeface which Warners used frequently.

But, the typeface he uses for the players intros doesnt match Warners stuff.

Finally the intro cameos look as if they come from various film sources of variable picture-quality.

Bottom line: GREAT JOB

I forgot to mention the most obvious point, AND the source of his humor: All the

characters names in the cameo introductions are FAKE and puposely funny. Watch his

other titles in the "Dont Make Me Laugh" series, and you'll see what I mean.

Expert job.

Actually, all the characters name in the cameos match their names on IMDB. TCMDB has a different spelling for Mary Astor, Arline Dale(tcmdb), Arlene Dale(imdb). Wonder who's right?

Nice opening credits, but where is the rest of this film? >>

It was a precode made at the time that Production Code was coming into effect. It got caught in the cross hairs and the story is that Jack Warner had the negative and the prints destroyed due to the risque subject matter.

It is one of the most sought after lost films of our time.

The Frank McHugh clip is from another Warner's film but for the life of me I can't remember which one but it has been on TCM recently. A scene about men out of town hoping to get lucky but to no avail.

It may be a film in one of the Forbidden Hollywood movies.

It's sorta cute and the beginning with the movie title is well done. Lemme see how many clips I can recognize:

Joan Blondell : Havana Widows

Guy Kibbee : Babbitt (pretty sure)

Ruth Donnelly : Heat Lightning

Hugh Herbert : Dames

There are about three or four other scenes I recognize (including that Frank McHugh scene, darn it), but I can't be certain of which film they're from.

Ones I'm certain I don't recognize are for:

Dick Powell

Patricia Ellis

Hobart Cavanaugh

Sheila Terry

Johnny Arthur

Ah, well. They haven't run enough older films lately.

Archived