Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

> {quote:title=MissMusical wrote:}{quote}

> Be careful with that, dear. Lina's voice is quite a weapon against those who can hear properly ;)

What if I were a bit mischievous and used it on someone with a hearing aid - at close range?

J/K - I'd never do that! ;)

Where do I start? ....

First, from _The Apartment_ --

"Ain't that a kick in the head?"

"I didn't mean right now!" (can only be said in a high-pitched Brooklyn accent!)

"Nothin' ... no action ... Dullsville!"

"I'd spell it out for you, only I can't spell."

"Yeah -- the little punk!" (Only Fred MacMurray can say this so well. It's my favorite way to tell somebody off; they never know what I mean!)

From _The Princess Bride_ --

"How's the sickie??" (I usually say this to someone a few days after they've had a cold or something, and I always get the weirdest look ....)

"Gently ... GENTLY!"

"Oh, thank you ... your vote of confidence is overwhelming!"

"Yes ... very strange." (This is what the Queen says about Buttercup's wedding, but it has so many other great applications!)

And just general faves --

"People?! I ain't people!" - from _Singin' In the Rain_

"Whyncha try it sometime?" - from _The Big Sleep_ (Lauren Bacall says it to Bogie, when he's locked her in the office.)

And, what I've been saying a lot the past few weeks --

"That's a bunch of hooey!" - from _Meet John Doe_ (It's what Gary Cooper says about politics ....)

LOL

*Hey, lafite, that one is from Casablanca*

Hi *Vertigo*, the only quote I put up was, "If the lady is buying, why not get the vicuna," which is from Sunset Boulevard.

Maybe you are referring to someone else's quote.

Thanks

I thought I was the only person who used movie quotes as standard speak. I love the MM "*Thanks ever so*", I'll have to remember to use it more often. Very TikiSoo.

Many Lina Lamont quotes used routinely by movie people I see.....how could I forget how often I say "*I can't stand 'em!*"? Lina's accent is upstate NY through & through, that flat "A" is how I really speak, btw. So adding her nasal whine just adds to the impact.

Oh wow. I have lots.

"Turn to th' right!"

"Son, you got a pantie on your head."--both from Raising Arizona and said with a thick southern accent.

"Forget it Jake, it's Chinatown."

"He's been mostly dead all day." and "Twoo Wuv" from The Princess Bride

You'll shoot your eye out!"

"I caaan't stan 'im" from Singin in the Rain

"What we have here is...fai---lure to communicate." (Used mostly to my kids, when they don;t seem to be understanding the word "no.")

"I've got a bad feeling about this." Star Wars

"Frankly my dear..." (don't usually finish it--just that much gets the message across)

"Toto, Ive got a feeling we're not in Kansas anymore..." used on the frquent occasions I get lost while driving

Variations on "Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!" A League of Their Own

Variations on "I love the smell of napalm in the morning!"

Variations on "Badges? We don;t need no steenkin' badges!" Treasure of the Sierra Madre

"We're Americans. Our ancesters have been kicked out of the best countries in Europe!" Stripes

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries" Monty Python and the Holy Grail

"I know you are, but what am I?" Pee Wee's Big Adventure (I can also do an amazing rendition of the Tequila dance...)

My daughter, for some reason, has latched onto variations on "You come to me on the day of my daughter's wedding..." as a response whenever someone asks for a favor

Though if a few more that I don;t use as often:

"It's ALIVE!" (used when I'm trying to wake someone up)

"Mr De Mille, I'm ready for my close-up"

"Are you a good witch or a bad witch?" (always said in a flutey, Billie Burke voice)

"Sanctuary! Sanctuary!"

"One of us! One of us" Freaks

Variations on "In space, no one can hear you scream..."

"Houston, we have a problem"

"You're gonna need a bigger boat."

"Shoulda taken that left toin at Albuqoyque..."

• 4 weeks later...

I remembered one I often use, (but don't even think about it because I use it so much) while I was babysitting my little brothers today.

"Death comes unexpectedly!" ........ *"Pollyanna"* -The preacher, from his sermon. It must be said in a crazed, angry voice..LOL!

I use it all the time on my brothers. I will tell them to do something and one of them will be like "What happens if I don't do it?" I slowly raise my face and say, "Death comes unexpectedly!" LOL! It's hilarious!

I wish I hung out with a literary crowd. I KNOW the subject of poetry would come up at some time and somebody would ask me, "Rusty...have you a favorite poem?" I would reply, "why YES...I DO have a favorite poem!" I would immediately recite "Pointy Birds"...a poem by Steve Martin as presented in his movie The Man With Two Brains.

Ahem...

O pointy birds, o pointy pointy,

Anoint my head, anointy-nointy.

Of course, after reciting "Pointy Birds"...I would have to find a new crowd.

Rusty