Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
joefilmone

Pumpkinhead

Stan Winston's "Pumpkinhead" (1988) is finally getting a DVD upgrade. This is a scary moody horror film with an unforgettable monster.

Message was edited by: joefilmone

Not a popular thread oh well :)

Ill contribute a few things

I own the upgrade - widescreen - its a good horror movie, not for everyone, I dont know if this would appeal to many classic movie fans.I know there are some horror buffs in here :)

Some people call it another dumb monster killing off dumber teenagers (partly true) , but there is some substance to it. the monster is a cool design and was popular enough to have McFarlane Toys make a super detailed figure of it...

It was directed by the late Stan Winston

I own the original DVD and I was lucky enough to have it signed by Lance Henriksen at a convention..

So now I own both DVDs..

The sequels stink though..

I think its a terrific looking monster which deserves better movies ( I agree with you the sequels are crap) The you pay for revenge plot has a bit more substance than the usuals teens- chased- by- creature- plot.

Its more gory than scary, but it isnt really all that gory (by my standards)

It is basically an above average solid monster movie with gore, some good suspenseful moments and a cool monster..

Its worth seeing.

Its not as good as Alien or Predator (to me) but its better than the best Friday the 13th movie, and better than Leviathan, Deepstar Six and maybe Alien Resurrection

I wonder if I should try to rent the DVD that's already out there, or wait for the newly re-issued DVD. Will they use a new video transfer?

Hello folks,

I'm a stranger here myself...but I saw this: http://www.tcm.com/thismonth/article/?cid=208674 and thought I'd pass this onto you good people.

As for "PUMPKINHEAD" ...great film! Sometimes revenge is not good. Would love to see it again.

I LOVED Lance Henricksen in this. (He's also good in Ed Harris' "Appaloosa." Guess I should go the western forum).

I have the older DVD version which is cropped 4:3, I would like very much to see this in a better presentation. A real surprise is that the film went directly to video in the first place. John