Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did Palmy Days disappear from the November schedule?

LsDoorMat

I was afraid that this would happen. While I know that the first listing we saw of November's listings is a kind of "wish list" on TCM's part, it's still frustrating that Sony and MGM (who I believe has the Goldwyn library) were unable to supply either decent prints of these titles or were unable to get TCM a digital copy in time for broadcast. :-(

> {quote:title=blackhangman wrote:}{quote}

> I think you're right. I remember seeing it as well. Not surprising. NIGHT CLUB LADY, the Thatcher Colt mystery with Adolphe Menjou also disappeared, along with a number of Columbia "B" movies. This has been the case for the last 18 months. Very disappointing.

I agree it's very unfortunate. Let's hope TCM programmers can still do something about it.

It's not their fault. They're pulling titles out of the Columbia playbook. When Columbia starts checking the titles TCM requests, they come up a day late and a dollar short. I've heard from many (some on the inside) that the Columbia library is a mess. Given the huge number of titles scheduled, then pulled, would tend to confirm that.

"Whoopee" and "Kid Millions" are part of some giant 61 disc $500 boxed set blandly called "Hollywood Musicals" that is coming out in November as a joint venture from MGM/Fox. However, there is no individual release planned for either Kid Millions or Whoopee. I don't know why MGM/Fox would put these two Cantor films on DVD and not the rest of the Eddie Cantors.

Archived