Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Snorky's DVD Talk

One correction I noted on your list of 11/18 releases - The Douglas Fairbanks Modern Musketeer Collection has been delayed to 12/2 which is - deep sigh - after the end of the Deep Discount Sale. I have already placed one order for the DD sale and probably will place another after 11/18 when the Griffith Masterworks set becomes available.

• 4 weeks later...

Snorky said: The remaining feature length Disney animated movies thru 1977 that still haven't been released on DVD to the best of my knowledge:

Make Mine Music (08/15/1946)

Fun and Fancy Free (09/27/1947)

Melody Time (05/27/1948)

While I hate to write anything in this unwelcome thread, I will say that if you had even taken a brief glance at Amazon you would have known that all three titles are available on DVD. Of course, I can understand how you would have missed them, since they have only been available on DVD for such a short time...eight years.

The biggest Disney holdout imho is still *Song of the South*, which has never been released in the U.S. - although it was released on VHS in at least a couple of countries that I know (UK & Mexico) and on laserdisc in Japan.

Other than that, I would love to see _unedited, uncensored_ versions of *Fantasia* and *Melody Time*. (What's with removing Pecos Bill's cigar?) :P

Oh and nice *Age of Consent* poster, btw. Would you mind if it was posted in the "Powell & Pressburger" thread in Film & Filmmakers forum? You can post it or I can do it if you prefer.

> {quote:title=filmlover wrote:}{quote}

> Snorky said: The remaining feature length Disney animated movies thru 1977 that still haven't been released on DVD to the best of my knowledge:

>

> Make Mine Music (08/15/1946)

>

>

> Fun and Fancy Free (09/27/1947)

>

>

> Melody Time (05/27/1948)

>

>

> While I hate to write anything in this unwelcome thread, I will say that if you had even taken a brief glance at Amazon you would have known that all three titles are available on DVD. Of course, I can understand how you would have missed them, since they have only been available on DVD for such a short time...eight years.

Hey filmloser, thanks for the info but not for your inexcusable attitude.

If you and edgecliff insist on posting here you're gonna drop the disrespectful attitide.

There's another one (or is he?) who's had little positive to say here since I started this thread.

I indicated in my post I hadn't verified the info by saying "to the best of my knowledge".

I figured I might be politely corrected if not the case but while you find it onerous to post

here still you just couldn't resist trying to make me look bad yet again.

We'll be rehashing some of your recent troll behavior here sometime soon. You and clever Kyle can rest assured of that.

I've previously stated your opinion means nothing to me and this thread's here to stay so get over it loser.

Message was edited by: Snorky

*Actually there was an English version laserdisc of Song of the South which is where my DVD copy derived from.*

*Color's a little faded so even back in the mid 80s it was in need of remastering but it's gotta be the very best copy available out there. I'll PM you the link if you like.*

There are two main sources for *Song of the South*, one being the Japanese laserdisc, and the other being a UK release which I believe included VHS for sure. If there was a UK laserdisc release, I've never seen one being sold on eBay - but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

The Japanese laserdisc, which I owned, had a bilingual soundtrack so that you could choose a Japanese or English-language soundtrack. The only parts which were *only* in English were the songs- and those had Japanese subtitles. (Back in the age of laserdiscs, subtitles weren't removable).

The UK version, which I watched once, doesn't have any subtitles obviously.