Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The lovely Cyd Charisse

> {quote:title=randyishere wrote:}{quote}

> Hi FF. In that most recent two-shot you posted, i love love love that pic of Cyd on the right. She looks angelic. Wasn't Cyd taller than most of her leading men at MGM?? She looks pretty tall on screen or maybe she has really long legs.

Thanks randy! Cyd was 5' 7?" according to imdb.com, so maybe she was a bit taller than other ladies of the screen at the time.

By the way, don't forget that Cyd has a small, uncredited appearance in *Mission to Moscow*, which TCM is showing Sunday morning:

*Mission To Moscow* (1943)

True story of U.S. Ambassador Joseph E. Davies' attempts to forge a wartime alliance with the Soviet Union.

Cast: Walter Huston, Ann Harding, Oscar Homolka, George Tobias Dir: Michael Curtiz BW-123 mins, TV-G

> {quote:title=randyishere wrote:}{quote}

> I would love to see Cyd In Twilight Of The Gods with Rock Hudson. I've never seen it. It looks like it could be good. She sure is beautiful. Hooray for Texas!!

*Twilight for the Gods*. Why does that name ring a bell? Did it ever come up in another thread? At any rate, it looks like it's a Universal title. With any luck, TCM might be able to get the rights to it as part of its upcoming Universal deal.