Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The lovely Cyd Charisse

If I remember it correctly, Nicholas Ray's "Party Girl: is sort of racy. It's coming up soon on TCM, so we can check it out. She let loose a little in "Two Weeks In Another Town", and also in "Twilight For The Gods" with Rock Hudson. I agree she's a class act, but she took some chances too.

I have a gorgeous rare one sheet from the film which I had framed. I think it may have been printed when the film was roadshown. The three leading ladies, Shearer, Charisse & Jeanmaire are seen as blowup figures and Chevalier in the lower right. The most common poster I have seen for the film in oddly enough in B&W and features Charisse alone on the poster

• 2 weeks later...

This morning starts out with one of MGM's best and most gorgeous musicals - and one which also happens to feature Miss Charisse:

*The Band Wagon* (1953) 7:30am ET

A Broadway artiste turns a faded film star's comeback vehicle into an artsy flop.

Cast: Fred Astaire, Cyd Charisse, Oscar Levant, Nanette Fabray Dir: Vincente Minnelli C-112 mins, TV-G

• 4 weeks later...

Don't forget - The Band Wagon is on tonight (or early Friday morning, depending on your time zone)

*The Band Wagon* (1953)

A Broadway artiste turns a faded film star's comeback vehicle into an artsy flop.

Cast: Fred Astaire, Cyd Charisse, Oscar Levant, Nanette Fabray Dir: Vincente Minnelli C-112 mins, TV-G

19char600.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just a quick heads up - TCM will be showing another groovy Cyd Charisse film Friday morning at 8:15am Eastern Time:

*Meet Me In Las Vegas* (1956)

A ballerina becomes a gambler's lucky charm.

Cast: Dan Dailey, Cyd Charisse, Agnes Moorehead, Lili Daryas Dir: Roy Rowland C-112 mins, TV-G