Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ladymirabelle45

Jan Sterling

Just what did one of my favorite actresses Jan Sterling do over the weekend?

Mongo

Gee so sorry to hear about Jan Sterling one of my favorite actresses. She is the main reason I want to see "The High and the Mighty" again for her strong performance that earned her an Oscar nomination. She most always spiced up a movie including "Ace In the Hole" aka "The Big Carnival", "Caged" in which she was a CP (common prostitute), "Johnny Belinda" gave Jane Wyman a hard time about the baby, "The Mating Season", "Rhubarb" about a cat, "The Human Jungle" sexy in a **** outfit, "Women's Prison", "Female on the Beach" one on one with Crawford, "The Harder They Fall" with Bogart, "The Incident" terror on a train etc.

She was married to Paul Douglas at the time of his death and they had one son. I wrote to her at the Motion Picture Home last year expressing my thoughts and prayers.

Rest in peace lady.

Mongo

This is indeed very sad news. Jan Sterling was a wonderful actress, and I'm so thankful that I have films in my personal library that she starred in.

Speaking of "The High and the Mighty", does anyone know if it has finally been released on DVD, or when it will be? I know we were discussing this a few months ago, the I haven't heard anything more about it since then. ML

Just got back on to the computer this today. It's odd, last night my wife suggested we watch "The Mating Season". We were wondering what ever happened to the actress that played Betsy. We didn't know her name at the time but recognized her face. Then today I visit the sight here and find out she has past away. It is sad timing. I am definately going to keep my eye open for the films listed below and any others that may be listed later.

I've only seen her in one film; the original "1984" playing "Julia" to Edmund O'Brien's "Winston Smith." I was fortunate to have seen this since I got to see it the only I ever saw it listed anywhere. It was on PBS in the early 70's or maybe even the late 60's.