Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Light in the Piazza

I watched this last night and thought George Hamilton was great in it and he really didn't get much credit as an actor

also I loved the pink nightgown Olivia Dehavilland wore in one of the scenes ... she must have been in her 40s or 50s in that movie and she really was gorgeous

WBHV promised to release this one on DVD in 2008. Hopefully this beautiful film finally makes it to home video release in 2009. The last I heard Mimieux had become a producer. Both Mimieux and Hamilton could do a nice commentary for the release of this film on DVD.

> {quote:title=Edgecliff wrote:}{quote}

> WBHV promised to release this one on DVD in 2008. Hopefully this beautiful film finally makes it to home video release in 2009. The last I heard Mimieux had become a producer. Both Mimieux and Hamilton could do a nice commentary for the release of this film on DVD.

I'd love to hear their recollections from the making of the movie B-)

I had crossed my fingers it would have been included in the forthcoming (Jan. 2009) 'Romantic Classics' DVD set, when I saw the announcement of that release. Sadly, not to be. Hope we don't have to wait until a 2010 'Romantic Classics' DVD collection (as these sets only seem to be released every year for Valentine's Day) for it's release.

An underated film, with great locations (Florence) captured in CinemaScope, and the eye candy that was a young Yvette Mimieux.