Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"THE BLUE DAHLIA" on TCM 1/10/09

Here's a link to the first part:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdASMiJd8vc

I had not seen it since it aired on a NYC PBS station about 25 years ago. Back then, WNET was running old Paramount titles on Saturday nights, including all of the John Howard "Bulldog Drummond" films and some good "B" titles like KING OF ALCATRAZ and NIGHT CLUB SCANDAL.

You're welcome.

Here's another somewhat misleading poster as the film was a racetrack tale with minimal gunplay. Love that apparently artist-rendered bowtie. There's more verbiage on the poster than in some film scripts today:

o_42-saltyORourke.jpg

Ladd and Walsh (who was a thoroughbred owner) worked well together on this one, less so on SASKATCHEWAN.

Thoroughbreds are my second love, film being first.

I've seen RED RIVER many times. The end is always a bit bothersome, but everything up to that point makes it one of the best westerns ever. It's one that I'd love to see on the big screen.

I'm having a very nice day playing Aqueduct. Hit on three out of four wagers so far.

> {quote:title=clore wrote:}{quote}

> I've seen RED RIVER many times. The end is always a bit bothersome, but everything up to that point makes it one of the best westerns ever. It's one that I'd love to see on the big screen.

I just watched it last night and started a new thread in Westerns. I'd love to hear any additional thoughts you might have to offer!

> I'm having a very nice day playing Aqueduct. Hit on three out of four wagers so far.

I don't think I've ever played that or watched it played. To me it sounds like a fun game. B-)

>>I just watched it last night and started a new thread in Westerns. I'd love to hear any additional thoughts you might have to offer!

OK, let me look for the thread and come back with some thoughts.

>>I don't think I've ever played that or watched it played. To me it sounds like a fun game.

It is, but winning is tough work. It takes a lot of discipline, but I manage to stay on the plus side and don't make very large wagers. Then, when I get ahead enough, I withdraw some of the capital just so that I can spend it on something before I give it back to the track. That helps to keep me focused and it gives me something to show for my efforts also.

> {quote:title=clore wrote:}{quote}

> It is, but winning is tough work. It takes a lot of discipline, but I manage to stay on the plus side and don't make very large wagers. Then, when I get ahead enough, I withdraw some of the capital just so that I can spend it on something before I give it back to the track. That helps to keep me focused and it gives me something to show for my efforts also.

Is it anything like "Risk"? That is a game that I could play for 12+ continuous hours. Well, at least when I was younger. ;)