Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
ladymirabelle45

Peter Ustinov Dead

I agree, Lady M. If TCM does a Tribute day, I hope that they will include "We're No Angels" (1955). I know that was the first movie I saw of Sir Ustinov's where he really caught my attention. He had a real gift for dry comedy. ML

I heard about his passing on the news this morning. He was one of the greats - I enjoyed him as "Poirot" in "Death on the Nile" and in "Topkapi."

May he rest in peace.

That is very sad. I thought that he was so wonderful as Nero in Quo Vadis? I would have given him his first Oscar for that performance right there. He was so funny in that role. He was also good in The Sundowners and many other roles. He also directed and wrote too. Such a talented person, may he rest in peace.

Those of you who enjoy Ustinov may like the Criterion DVD of SPARTACUS, which features him on the commentary track, along with Kirk Douglas and others, discussing not just the film, but other things as well, all in his inimitable style. He was quite famous as a raconteur.

Was sad to hear about this. He was probably my favorite living actor. I remember him first from the old game show What's My Line?

Anyone interested should pick up his autobiography