Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
sparklingpink

Hello! -- New Member here!

Hi all! I just joined and thought I'd make a quick introduction.

I'm a teenager and I (obvisiously) love classic movies! My favorite actress ever is Ginger Rogers. (hence the username :) ). I watch TCM almost everyday. Some of my other favorite movie stars include: Anita Page, Jimmy Stewart, Fred Astaire, Buster Keaton, Clark Gable, Carole Lombard, Jean Arthur and many more! I seeem to like a new actor with every new movie I see!

Anyway, I hope to start joining in on the discussions of these great legendary films and stars. I'm glad to be here. :D

Welcome. It's a pleasure to have a new teenage classic film fan with such good taste. Please do jump into the discussions. As I like to tell new people in your age group, don't be afraid to try all kinds of films and especially those that get shown at odd hours, you'll find a lot of terrific films that way. Glad you're with us.

Welcome 'GingerRogersFan'.

It's always a pleasant surprise to meet teenagers that have an appreciation of classic films. They are becoming quite a large group around here - so you should find many other like-minded fans from your age group.

But most everyone here is friendly and we all enjoy learning about new members.

Looking forward to hearing more from you -

Kyle In Hollywood

WELCOME, GingerRogersFan!! :)

I am looking forward to future comments from someone of your generation. That is

one of the reasons this message board is so much fun. We have quite a variety of

posters who are knowledgable and interesting. So....have at it and enjoy. Bargar

Welcome Ginger - my name is Violet - I love Ginger too !

I think she was sorry she divorced Lew Ayres because in her

Auto-bio she said she never stopped loving him - did you know

two films she had first choice to play she later regretted turning

down were To Each His Own and Snake Pit~

Thanks so much everyone for all the kind welcomes! :D

Hi Violet! Yes, Ginger said she did regret divorcing Lew and wished she would have tried harder at making their marriage work.

She was also offered the lead role in His Girl Friday but turned down that one down, too. It would have been interesting to see her play those parts. I'm sure she would have done a marvellous job.

-GRF

Hello: I am new myself, less than a week since joining. I too love TCM and still having fun exploring this site, and trying my best to see all of the past comments and threads from other members.

Welcome GingerRogersFan!

Please dive into any discussion that strikes your fancy. You'll find TCMers are happy to answer any question they can and argue (nicely) any point. And it's great to learn about trends in classic movies, terrific movies that are coming up on TCM, lesser-known stars, etc., from fellow fans.

My favorite Ginger Rogers movie, by the way, is *Roxie Hart*. That's the movie that inspired the Broadway musical and film *Chicago*. What's your favorite?

Welcome, GRF! I love all of them too, and Jean Arthur is a favorite. Check out *The Devil and Miss Jones*, and *The More the Merrier* - I think you will love them! Do you supplement your TCM watching with Net Flicks or Amazon? Many of us here do. Or we badger the powers that be until they put it on the schedule. Ha, ha!

Hi, welcome to the board!!! You have lots of great faves, and always great to be watching TCM everyday!!!! Way to go!!! Enjoy the films and the board!

>She was also offered the lead role in His Girl Friday but turned down that one down, too.

Really? I didn't know that. Although I love Rosalind Russel, I would have really enjoyed seeing Ginger play the part.

No, you should not "shut up"! You are a pretty smart cookie... I won't take what you say wrong- Don't worry! I think that sounds right that he had a problem with drinking....maybe I'll go do a little research online...

MissMusical-- In her autobiography, Ginger said that she was asked to be in His Girl Friday. I certainly would have loved to see her play the part! :)

Thanks JackFavell! :)

Ginger & Lew divorced because he started drinking, I'm not sure it was to the point of an alcoholic or not, but he did start drinking and going to parties a lot, something Ginger never did. She didn't drink at all and I suppose she divorced him because he started drinking too much for her liking and because he was never around much. She said she regretted it though, and wished she would have worked harder at their marriage because she really loved him. They seperated in 1936 but Ginger didn't file for divorce until 1940, and they weren't officially divorced until 1941.

freaks.jpg

Gooble gobble,

Gooble gobble,

We accept you,

We accept you!

Fedya, you really need to stop posting that! LOL!

Scsu, doesn't like it. Although he did point out some time ago that he was under the table when the picture of "The TCM Message Boarders Convention" was taken... ;-)