Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

"The Exorcist" voted best horror flick!

*Hmmmmm.....Now this is a "some what" better choice of films! I guess I was the only 1 who hated _Ring_ (Ringu) (1998), I thought it was 1 of the "Worst Films" of 1998. Tried to watch the film again since then, & I still find it laughable, and chock full of plot holes!*

*_Saw_ - the 1st film was B Movie "Grindhouse" horror at it's best! Silly, Over-The-Top, and full of plot holes, better than _The Ring_ I can say that much at least. I only saw (No Pun!) _Saw 2_ I skiped the rest! The rest are trash.*

*The Exorcist voted best horror flick*

The Age, Australia -

October 31, 2008

*_The Exorcist_, William Friedkin's iconic 1973 movie, has been voted the best horror film ever made, according to a new poll of British filmgoers published today.*

Stanley Kubrick's _The Shining_, the 1980 film of Stephen King's classic novel, was placed second in the survey, followed by Ridley Scott's 1979 movie _Alien_.

Four other films in the top 10 were released between 1970 and 1984 - _Wicker Man_ (1973), _The Omen_ (1976), _Halloween_ (1978 and _Nightmare on Elm Street_ (1984).

The three others featuring at the top of the list were: _The Silence of the Lambs_ (1991), _Ring_ (1998 and Saw (2004)).

*FW Murnau's _Nosferatu_ is the oldest film on the list, having been released in 1922, while _The Mist_ and _Shutter_, the DVD versions of which were released this year, are the most recent*.

More than 6,000 people were surveyed by entertainment retailer HMV on its website between September 19 and October 20, 2008 for the poll.

*_The top 10:_*

1. The Exorcist (1973) - William Friedkin

2. The Shining (1980) - Stanley Kubrick

3. Alien (1979) - Ridley Scott

4. The Silence of the Lambs (1991) - Jonathan Demme

5. Saw (2004) - James Wan

6. Halloween (1978) - John Carpenter

7. A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - Wes Craven

8. Ring (Ringu) (1998) - Hideo Nakata

9. The Wicker Man (1973) - Robin Hardy

10. The Omen (1976) - Richard Donner