Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11/04 is Decision Day

Film_Fatale

Yes, TCM has nothing but Decision movies during its evening lineup:

*Decision at Sundown* (1957)

A gunman seeks revenge on the man he believes stole his wife.

Cast: Randolph Scott, John Carroll, Karen Steele. Dir: Budd Boetticher. C-77 mins, TV-PG

*Command Decision* (1948)

A senior officer faces the horror of sending his men on suicide missions over Germany during the last days of World War II.

Cast: Clark Gable, Van Johnson, Walter Pidgeon. Dir: Sam Wood. BW-112 mins, TV-PG

*Decision Against Time* (1956)

A test pilot thinks back on his past as he fights to survive a burning plane.

Cast: Jack Hawkins, Elizabeth Sellars, Walter Fitzgerald. Dir: Charles Crichton. BW-87 mins, TV-PG

*The Valley Of Decision* (1945)

An Irish housemaid's romance with the boss's son is complicated by labor disputes in the Pittsburgh mills.

Cast: Greer Garson, Gregory Peck, Lionel Barrymore. Dir: Tay Garnett. BW-119 mins, TV-PG

Which of these movies do you look forward to the most? B-)

*Which of these movies do you look forward to the most?*

The Randolph (cue chorus) Scott one especially but whether or not I get to see it will depend upon how long I have to stand in line to vote tomorrow.

Because as much as I love Randy, my desire to vote over rules my love of classic films.

FF,

Yes, we had early voting in Los Angeles. At one place: the county registrar's office in Norwalk where the lines were long and the wait was up to eight hours over the weekend.

Norwalk is a far piece to travel from the San Fernando Valley, so I will take my chances with my polling place about a half mile from my home. It may be a long wait but I have my handy Ipod and a book, so I'm there for as long as it takes.

The Randolph Scott movie, is one I want to see. Believe I have watched the others at one time or another?

Our State has early voting. As of this morning 47% of registered voters have already cast their ballots. Not me, I prefer to go on Election Day.

Many people are.

Even though my guy lost tonight, I really do feel he was very eloquent in defeat. And I was quite impressed by Mr. Obama's speech as well.

My only fear is that Mr. Obama will not be able to stand up against his own party when the likes of Pelosi and Reid want to move this country further to the left. Mr. McCain, I believed would have been able to do that. But we won't know until Mr. Obama does take the reins of the office he has been in trusted with this evening.

Lets face it. Up to now Mr. Obama has not really showed that he can stand up to his own party. I really do hope that his message to us tonight was a glimmer of what we might expect from him after January 20th.

I wish him well and I truly hope he can heal this country. His remarks tonight made me want to forget the last two years of campaigning and I want him to succeed. At least try to succeed, by placing partisanship aside and reaching across the aisle as my guy, Mr. McCain has done his entire career.

At least now we can go back to our regular schedules and back to a somewhat normal life without all of this election stuff to worry about.

The great news about tonight is not the fact that Obama won.

Its the fact that our democratic process yet again demonstrated to the world why our nation is so great. That it was founded by great men who could not even for see how far this nation could go, but instead could see how much this nation could believe in itself in times of misfortune and impending doom, by sticking together and relying on each other, brothers and sisters alike to help one another and to do what was given to us at such an early time.

And that one thing was to participate in the great experiment called America. By casting their votes for whom they believed would and could be the next leader of the greatest country on the face of the earth.

And that one thing was to participate in the great experiment called America. By casting their votes for whom they believed would and could be the next leader of the greatest country on the face of the earth.

This is very true. But I'm also looking forward to 1/20/09 because it's the release date for the *MGM: When the Lion Roars* DVD set. ;)

It's actually, quite possibly one of the best documentaries ever made about a classic era Hollywood studio. If you know of a better documentary of its kind (focusing exclusively on a single Hollywood studio), please let me know.

Aside from that, we can agree to disagree, heeheee.

Back to the *Decision* movies, I didn't watch them tonight because I've already recorded all of them during previous showings. B-)