Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Romantic War Movies (1945-1949)

LittleMiss

Hi Little Miss and welcome to the boards!

There are quite a few romantic war movies available from that period. The ones I am including here could be labeled as movies that have elements of war, romance, and drama in each. It will be up to you to decide if one of these movies meet with your criteria. Hope you find these interesting.

They Died With Their Boots On 1941

Casablanca 1942

Random Harvest 1942

Mrs. Miniver 1942

To the Shores of Tripoli 1942

For Whom the Bell Tolls 1943

A Guy Named Joe 1943

Days of Glory 1944

Since You Went Away 1944

Thirty Seconds Over Tokyo 1944

To Have and Have Not 1944

A Matter of Life and Death 1946

The Best Years of Our Lives 1946

Thank you so much! I will jot down this list and see if i can find any of these on DVD or look for them on tv!

I love watching older films, they are classic, and i dont mind black and white- it gives you a chance to expand your imagination.

I love these older films too because i can get the same drama or story line as you would see today, but minus all the "sex sells" garbage that goes along.

Thanks again!

Notorious (1946) and Cloak and Dagger (1946) are romantic WWII spy films. The Captive Heart (1946) is a World War II romance that I've never seen but it sounds very interesting to me.

Why, Frank, you have some interesting recommendations, heehee! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I put my vote in for "Since You Went Away". Yeah, I know Robert Walker is sappy but Claudette Colbert is wonderful. This is not only my favorite "war" film but far and away my favorite Christmas movie. And how I long for a dog like Soda!

Archived