Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
professorecho

NAME YOUR FAVORITE GAS STATION SCENE!

I thought a great script was 'All Night Long' starring Gene Hackman; set entirely in a convenience store/gas station. Its a skillful writer who can set a story arc in a location like that.

Many good gas station scenes in the film That Way with Women,  with Martha Vickers (getting a leading role after breaking-out as Carmen in The Big Sleep),  Dane Clark and Sidney Greenstreet.  

While only an "OK" movie,  Martha is worth the price of admission.

That Way with Women poster.jpg

One of my all-time favorite gas station scenes... Albert Brooks and Rosalind Allen in 1996's "Mother", directed and written by Albert Brooks!

I love the gas station scene in Written on the Wind in which Dorothy Malone drives her red convertible in for a fill-up and leaves with Grant Williams, the pump jockey. The police later dump the pair at her father's house, so he can sort it all out.

I enjoy the "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go" gasoline fight scene between the male models in Zoolander. It definitely reaffirms why one shouldn't light up a cigarette at a gas station.  Well people shouldn't light up ever... but especially at a gas station.  Especially when you've sprayed gasoline all over everyone. 

Not in a movie, but.....

"Timeless" (tv-series, season 2) in just about their best episode-- "The Kennedy Curse"

Young Jack Kennedy is kidnapped in the time machine (for his own safety, in 1934) and brought to the present.

He escapes the "time machine" bunker and runs into the night, ending up at a brightly-lit, very modern 2018 gas station/fast food store.