Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

and maybe GLORIA SWANSON

Guest dredagain

A SOCIETY SCANDAL (1924)..... Gloria Swanson stars with Rod LaRocque and Ricardo Cortez.... we shall see... this collector is very wary and hardly answers emails.... but I've already PAID for it...

the seller is apparently a fraud.... refuses to respond to emails requesting shipping info (I've waited a week so far) .... beware

http://www.ashfaultsclassicmovies.com

first item was paid for Nov 9.... nothing.... second item was was for Nov 17 and nothing

he/she was removed from Ebay. I bought the other films, not knowing it was the same seller since he/she has several IDs.......

So I'm out about $70 so far.....

• 2 months later...

I'm sorry to hear you were ripped off but thank you for warning people about this company.

Gloria's SHIFTING SANDS is scheduled for a DVD release shortly - it's already listed on Amazon.com. Hopefully the print is much better than the terrible one released on VHS years ago. The movie is pretty good.

I had no idea Gloria's ZAZA still existed!!! That's great news. Where is it playing?

Unfortunately I'm quite sure it will never be in my area as I live in the deep south and they just don't show classics on the big screen anywhere down here.

I saw ZAZA at Eastman House a few years ago. It's not my favorite Swanson silent but it was good, with a zesty Zaza by Swanson. It was an important film for Swanson because it was likely her first starring comic part, after a series of clothes horse dramas. As I remember it, the print was perfect but there was no score.

To bring closure here, I never got A SOCIETY SCANDAL, (1924). The company (ashefault) claimed they had the film but then admitted they couldn't locate it and I got a refund. Whether it actually exists somewhere, no one seems to know. The Silent Era website lists this film's existence as "unknown."

As for Ashefault, they were incredibly slow (lots of excuses) in responsing to any emails and when they did it was always with one sentence. The phone numbers listed on their web site and on my credit card statement were fakes. A very bad experience involving a film find that cold have been very exciting.

To be fair, I did get CAFE ELEKTRIC (Marlene Dietrich) from them but I haven't watched it yet.

Ed, Paramountt,

I am trying to locate the thread that mentioned the ZAZA screening at UCLA. This was on Nitrateville.com where Michael Mortilla who will be playing live to the film, asked about the song Gloria was playing in the movie on the Piano. He wanted to use the same melody in his own scoring, but had not had time to see much of the picture before hand.

I expected to be able to find this thread right away, but have not been able to. I am starting to wonder if it is still there? As soon as I do find the thread I will post the link here on this forum.

Drednm- thanks for the heads up on Ashfault.... I have been checking out ebay's silents and am so glad you posted this - although perhaps Ashfault is not there anymore.... still, I will keep my eyes out for the company and never buy from them.