Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Columbia B Classics

I've just watched The Black Knight starring Alan Ladd and Patricia Medina, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I had not seen a colour print of the film since it played in theatres in the 50s. I know it is not historically even remotely accurate, but I liked it despite the negative comments on the IMDb. I guess you have to be a certain age to savour these films from the past.

Columbia has a treasure trove of B films from the 40s and 50s, and I'm happy to see that TCM is bringing them to the small screen. Another colour gem is The Gallant Blade with the marvellous score by George Duning.

*...despite the negative comments on the IMDb.*

I consider the negative comments from the "experts" and amateurs badges of honor, since most of my favorites fall into the same category. Ignore them! I love the Columbia's too.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait for TCM to show some of the "B" starrers of Columbia's 1950's blonde bombshell CLEO MOORE like OVER-EXPOSED, ONE GIRL'S CONFESSION, STRANGE FASCINATION, etc. TNT showed several of them in the early 1990's but I would love to get them on TCM now.