Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I'm a big John Wayne fan and love this flick.

Watch closely in the sceen where the Indian is in the grave.Right as they show him he takes a breathe and you can see his chest expand.

Hank Worden who played Mose Harper is a favorite character and appeared in several John Wayne movies including another favorite of mine Rio Grande.

• 2 months later...

I don?t know if other people around the country and in foreign countries realize it, but The Searchers is a fairly realistic film. Things like that and searches like that did happen in the 19th Century in the West.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This was discussed on another thread. You might find it interesting. From what I remember none of the discussion concerned his feet. Mostly people thought someone taught it or suggested it. We couldn't quite agree on who did. (Type John Wayne in the search on the main page and look from there.)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not only the best western, one of the great American movies. John Ford knows no equal. Other westerns I like: RED RIVER (Duh!), SHANE, MY DARLING CLEMENTINE, STAGECOACH. And last week, TCM aired the delightful DESTRY RIDES AGAIN.

I just checked out the site you gave, really really good great shots of Ward Bond and John Wayne I loved the posters for The Searchers and there are some really nice shots of GeneTierney

The 50th anniversity edition DVD of "THE SEARCHERS" is GREAT.The entire Wayne-Ford DVD collection is,but ALL of the films SHOULD have audio commentary,but only anniversary and Searchers do.Bogdanovich does a very good job on The Searchers.

• 2 weeks later...