Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WHAT?S LOVE GOT TO DO WITH IT: TCM's [u]Winter[/u] Wonderland Film School

CineMaven

Rohanaka, you and I can sit at the front of the class...away from the trouble-makers

You are such a sweetie. :-) And if you want to sit up front, I will happily sit next to you...but I hope the teacher doesn't ask me to write on the chalkboard....I HATED that when I was a kid in school. :-)

> {quote:title=rohanaka wrote:}{quote}

> but I hope the teacher doesn't ask me to write on the chalkboard....I HATED that when I was a kid in school. :-)

Chalkboards are a thing of the past, for the most part. Now we have whiteboards, and use colored markers. Some schools have SmartBoards, or PolyVision, which is like a smaller whiteboard, and you use a pointer to "write" on it, even though no marks are left on the board. You can also "move" things on the board just by touching your fingers to them - in effect, your hand becomes a mouse.

Now we can get back to disrupting the class ...

*"What's Love Got To Do With It?"* - CineMaven

"What's love but a second-hand emotion?"

Can't we have a "Greatest Hits of the 80s" class instead?

And who was it that said -

"I don't believe in love. I only believe in Musical Theater?"

Kyle In Hollywood

Chalkboards are a thing of the past, for the most part. Now we have whiteboards, and use colored markers.

I think I'll like the whiteboard better.>>

So basically Cinemaven gets to be Dr. House (only way nicer and not so confrontational) and we all get to be the ducklings.

I can see it.

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

>

> So basically Cinemaven gets to be Dr. House (only way nicer and not so confrontational) and we all get to be the ducklings.

>

> I can see it.

OK, so who is this "Dr House" character and what's this about ducklings? Are you referring

to the Hugh Laurie show? I never saw it. Is it anything like "sitting ducks"? Because that's one

role I'm just not built for.

*"Hmmm, "Now, Voyager" "West Side Story" "The Heiress" Looks like there are some love stories in there somewhere in your --past-- ...list."* - CineMaven

Hey, love stories of the unrequited kind are some of the most enduring films ever made. And, to quote Sydney Pollack, usually the _best_ love stories. None of that "happily ever after" for jaded ol' me.

Kyle In Hollywood

*OK, so who is this "Dr House" character and what's this about ducklings? Are you referring*

*to the Hugh Laurie show? I never saw it. Is it anything like "sitting ducks"? Because that's one*

*role I'm just not built for.*

MissG,

Yes, it's the Hugh Laurie show. The ducklings refer to the resident doctors under his tutelage and the way they follow him around.. So no worries, no sitting ducks..

"Seeing what the boys in the back room will have... time-outs...spitballs, chalkboards vs Smartboards...musical theatre...wormed apples and sitting ducks."

I tried to stay out of it for three pages now. But I must ask now: Simmer down class. Settle down now.

I will not be dictatorial...no one will be asked to follow me blindly...no one is a sitting duck, there will be no spitballs or apples (as I am allergic). We will not breakdance to 80's music.

I only have one rule. Just one. Be respectful. Some of you will probably lead the discussion at some point. Cool, I can definitely take a back seat. You can talk amongst yourselves, but if you are not responded to, just keep it moving. Don't pester the student next to you if he/she is paying attention to me or others.

I'll know if you do. And I won't like it.

I can't stop you from chattering really. So, carry on.

By the by..."The Postman Always Rings Twice" is airing Saturday (11/29) at 8:00pm. Beware of the woman in white.

> {quote:title=ILoveRayMilland wrote:}{quote}

> > {quote:title=CineMaven wrote:}{quote}

> > By the by..."The Postman Always Rings Twice" is airing Saturday (11/29) at 8:00pm. Beware of the woman in white.

>

> So, is this what we are supposed to watch first?

>

> Sorry, I'm new to school. ;-)

No, The Postman Always Rings Twice is about lust, which is not the same as love (although sometimes it's better).

Hello Ms. Maven....since apples are out...how about:

chocolate.jpg

No, I am not trying to bribe you for an A+ ( wink, wink) ...just think of it as my little way of saying thanks....for not making us have to breakdance. (ESPECIALLY to 80's music) :-)

Message was edited by: rohanaka

I am so relieved you stepped in as I was starting to become afraid of those naughty students.

However, I have renewed courage and will be very pleased to join this class. I enjoyed my

course re: "voyeurism" and I am definitely looking forward to this new class.

AH, Love!

See you on Dec. 2nd. Bg