Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
spencerl964

Check out/vote>"Motion Picture Hall of Fame"

I already wrote this awhile ago & sadly, very few checked out this really cool/neat new site!? & It is just that, unfortunately. As opposed to being an actual place in Hollywood itself. But as I noted before I guess the ACADEMY & AFI are kind of what is closest to such a museum of sorts' anyway? I don't personally agree though. With something such as this-(If it were a reality, as opposed to an exceptional new website) It would be the movie-fans candidates/picks, as opposed to only the industry-(of course then politics come in) Same as they did in '38 with giving the folks a shot at picking "The King" and "Queen," of Hollywood>It of course went to *Clark Gable-(1901-60) & Myrna Loy-(1905-93) The latter very-much to the chagrin of both: *Bette Davis & *Joan Crawford, as competitive as they were!

Anyway, the individual whom owns/runs this new site is having a lower turn-out than expected, to date anyway. It's a running tally & final winners in poll will be announced in Dec. of this year! I just checked awhile ago & although it's a grand epic & all: *"Lord of the Rings: Return of the King," is #7th? Actually up there with the likes of: *"Casablanca" and "Kane!?" & as I was suggesting to him-(owner) it may turn out same as: "AFI's 100yrs...100 Stars"-(2nd special in 1998) Where both: *Bogey & *Kate Hepburn were voted #1st. Anyway, you fans may still want to check it out & If so, the link is: www.homeearthlink.net if that does not get you there, then: klarkkent@earthlink.net. And to ML-(*Chaplin is #7th td) Holly-(*Cagney #9th) & I don't know Mongo's favs???-(DROP ME A LINE & LET ME KNOW SOMETIME, PLEASE) Sorry Antar-(you can check, but the long list of actresses-I think there are 50? No Hedy as yet, or there may be, check 'er out) Thanks again

No prob 'bout Hedy not makin' the top 50, Spencer...I know for a fact she got at least one vote! ;-)

What is really interesting to me about this site is that even though very recent films...oops...movies can be voted on, it's clear that it's still the Classics and the actors from that era that people want to see in the top portion of the total field. And, I think that's great!

ML

Spence don't feel too bad about it. If he did this poll in 2000, "Titanic" woulda been in the top 5. Time will tell.