Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

A Christmas Story - Your Favorite Lines

*Do you know the longest member here?*

Casablancalover,

There are a couple of original message board posters here. Back in 2005, they rejiggered the message board and many of us lost our real registeration dates.

But in the various searches that I have done in the archives of the message boards, I've discovered that Mongo, Moirafinnie and Sandykpax have been with the message boards since their inception in 2001.

Alix could very easily be another!

> {quote:title=lzcutter wrote:}{quote}

> *Do you know the longest member here?*

>

> Casablancalover,

>

> There are a couple of original message board posters here. Back in 2005, they rejiggered the message board and many of us lost our real registeration dates.

*Oh, the cruelty!*

>

> But in the various searches that I have done in the archives of the message boards, I've discovered that Mongo, Moirafinnie and Sandykpax have been with the message boards since their inception in 2001.

>

> Alix could very easily be another!

*And talk about devoted! Thanks lz!*

*In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity, that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over lake Michigan* - Ralphie (adult voice-over)

& my all time"fav line".... *I have since heard of people under extreme duress speaking in strange tongues. I became conscious that a steady torrent of obscenities and swearing of all kinds was pouring out of me as I screamed.*

I saw at Sears that a company called "Dept. 56" has ceremic houses from A Christmas Story, that you can decorate with and build a Christmas Story villege. It is so awesome! They had Ralphie's House, the Bumpas House, the Department Store, the Chop Suey Palace...all the locations from the movie. In addition, you can add people, like "Scott Farkus' Toadies" or "the Bumpasses Dogs," "Dad and the Major Award," or the boys around the flagpole.

VERY CUTE! You could drop a bundle designing your own Christmas Story village, but it would be wonderful. Anyone else see these, or OWN them (you lucky dog!)? I may go to Sears after Christmas when they all go 50% off!

*In the heat of battle, my father wove a tapestry of obscenity, that as far as we know, is still hanging in space over lake Michigan - Ralphie (adult voice-over)*

I have to second this as well as nominate -

*That sonofab#!@* would freeze up in the middle of summer on the equator!*

These lines delight me so much because that whole scene-the car trouble, the furnace and the fall down the stairs-IS my father.

*Ralphie: [Reading it] Be sure to drink your Ovaltine. Ovaltine? A crummy commercial? Son of a ****!*

I say that every time I drink Ovaltine. :)

Hi all--my original screen name was Sandy K. That's the way I still sign my posts.

When I joined these message boards in August of 2001, alix and mongo were members already. moirafinnie joined some time after I did. drednm was around when I joined, too.

The board was reconfigured in 2002 as was mentioned and I had to change my screen name to sandykaypax.

I don't post as much as I used to, but I still read these boards at least 2-3 times a week. I guess there's only so many times that one can argue about TCM showing "newer" movies (yes, that argument has been going on SINCE 2001!) and I've tired of making lists of favorites.

Sandy K

> {quote:title=alix1929 wrote:}{quote}

> I saw at Sears that a company called "Dept. 56" has ceremic houses from A Christmas Story, that you can decorate with and build a Christmas Story villege. It is so awesome! They had Ralphie's House, the Bumpas House, the Department Store, the Chop Suey Palace...all the locations from the movie. In addition, you can add people, like "Scott Farkus' Toadies" or "the Bumpasses Dogs," "Dad and the Major Award," or the boys around the flagpole.

>

> VERY CUTE! You could drop a bundle designing your own Christmas Story village, but it would be wonderful. Anyone else see these, or OWN them (you lucky dog!)? I may go to Sears after Christmas when they all go 50% off!

*I am not a collector, and I do not do Snow Villages, but I am sorely tempted now!*

BTW- Dept 56 was started here in Minnesota. It was an outgrowth in the gifts department of a huge Floral and Nursery Company, Bachman's.

*"Dept 56 was started here in Minnesota. It was an outgrowth in the gifts department of a huge Floral and Nursery Company, Bachman's."* - casablancalover

And, sadly, the Bachman family is the one that suffered the tragedy at the Bejing Olympics when a nutjob killed the tourists from Minnesota.

I am thinking a nice "Casablanca-themed" Christmas Village could be a popular seller in certain neighborhoods of St. Paul. "Rick's Cafe Americain", "The Blue Parrot", The Air Field, Inspector Reanault's.

Or maybe we could do a "creche" set... with the letters of transit in the manger. Anyone for The Three Wise Men at the roulette table?

Kyle In Hollywood

I'm not a snow village collector either, but I just about died right there in Sears when I saw "A Christmas Story."

BTW..."The Bumpasses Dogs" features 3 brown mutts--one with a whole turkey in his mouth, and one with just a leg of a turkey (that it ripped off from the whole turkey). HILARIOUS!

*"My father's automobiles were used in "A Christmas Story"."* - PopcornAndDots

Really! I think that is sooo cool!

What kind of car did Ralphie's family drive? (And does your Father still own these?)

Kyle In Hollywood

*not a favorite line- just a (pointless(?)) fact: My father's automobiles were used in A Christmas Story. Along with the family car that has the flat tire, his automobiles also include the truck and cars that sit along the streets and in the nieghbors driveway*.

I think that's very cool and it reminds me of another line that I love-

*My father's tires were only tires in the academic sense-they were round, they had once been made of rubber.*

:)