Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Robert Osborne - Has anyone noticed his speech slurring from time to time?

Welcome to the boards. I can't say I've noticed, but it has been mentioned before that he flies from New York to Atlanta and records an entire month's worth or intros and promos and such in just a couple of days. That's a lot of work for a man his age (or any age for that matter). Perhaps, ones you saw were something like the 70th he did that day and he was just tired.

Yeah, I'm not a pro just a regular person and I know how guelling and difficult taping a monologue or narration is. Most likely the case....one teeny mistake....good enough.....wrap!

I DO notice Bob's unique accent. Where is he from? West coast? He says, "call one eight _hunderd_" and "your viewing _play-zure_" (or "_tray-zure_") So cute!

Yes, that was my guess as well. Funny how I hadn't picked up on it until recently. I too find him wonderful, and so appreciate how he brings all of the movies to life with his well-researched anecdotes. Without his intriguing prefaces and epilogues, I half suspect I would not find these classic movies nearly as interesting.

• 2 weeks later...

Last night, I noticed the same type of impediment coming from someone in the "Age Of Believing:Disney Live Action Classics" documentary. (Dick Van Dyke?)

I am betting on a loose upper or lower partial or full denture as the cause. (Gotta invest in more Poli-Grip, guys.)

Kyle In Hollywood

• 2 years later...

Roberts speech is definitely slurring. I often have to rewind DVR to try to understand him. Every single time he's on, very slurring. Sounds like he's drunk or recuperating from a stroke. In any event, I like him and wish him well. The powers that be are not saying anything about his health'

*I suspect Robert is aware of this and may be preparing to retire soon.*

I saw him in person and on the stage during four days at the Film Festival and he looks and sounds great.

He shows no signs of wanting to retire.

I've totally noticed his speech pattern. I thought it was just me who was thinking this. He's totally gotten worse. I pray it's not a stroke or something else serious and I hope he's not ill.

I love Robert Osborne and his hosting skills, I would really hate to see him retire. But his speech is definitely slurring.